|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blackguards - Preview @ GameGrin

Default Blackguards - Preview @ GameGrin

January 20th, 2014, 05:00
GameGrin previews the Early Access version of Blackguards.

While there are still a few kinks to be ironed out; some misspellings here, a little faulty lever there, and could really do with an option to change certain key bindings (for those of us without a middle mouse wheel), the game is still in beta so these will of course be changed in patches.

To be honest, Blackguards is very impressive and for those of you who love RPGs, this will make your heart beat a little bit faster. As for Daedalic, the company have produced so many gems in the past few years that itís worth pondering whether they are in fact genius robots who donít sleep. How do they do it?
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 20th, 2014, 05:00
A positively gushing review…

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

January 20th, 2014, 07:38
What other gems have they produced? I honestly don't know.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

January 20th, 2014, 07:42
I don't know about any gems but they have developed a few adventure games. They also published adventure games from other developers.

Here is a wiki page with the games.

Link- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daedalic_Entertainment

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 20th, 2014, 07:46
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I don't know about any gems but they have developed a few adventure games. They also published adventure games from other developers.

Here is a wiki page with the games.

Link- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daedalic_Entertainment
Thanks

That's a LOT of games in a very short time period - and I've only heard of a few of them. I don't think I've played a single game on that list, except perhaps one of the "Dark Eye" games once. Oh, and Blackguards

Interesting…..

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

January 20th, 2014, 08:11
I've never played anything by Daedalic until now, but I just started playing The Whispered World. I can't say I'm too impressed so far. The puzzles are so-so, and the voice acting is mediocre at best. I thought I'd give it a try prior to playing Chains of Satinav and Memoria, but I doubt I'll finish it.

Also purchased Blackguards today, but I'm debating on whether to play it now or wait until the final version.

JDR13

SasqWatch

January 20th, 2014, 08:36
Well, the sis finished Memoria a couple of days ago and she says its a lot (I could actually hear it in bold in the emphasis she put on the word ) better than chains. More mature, better puzzles and story (and voice acting) etc.

She wasn't very impressed by Whispered world either… (I didn't really consider giving that one a go either).

Determined to wait on Blackguards. Now having some fun playing the Magic The Gathering game I bough for pennies on Christmas. (Been ages. Do miss playing with my friends back in the day as that AI is a bit limited to put it kindly)

JonNik

SasqWatch

January 20th, 2014, 11:58
The folks from Daedalic are pretty awesome. I played the Deponia Series, the Dark Eye Adventure Series (Satinav and Memoria) and now Blackguards. And I can highly recommend all of them. Ok Granted… Deponia has a special sense of humor (I love it ) and I can understand it if it is not everyones taste. But when it comes to Point&Click Adventures Daedalic knows what they are doing. And now they proofed that they can handle a roundbased strategy game as well. Good Job Daedalic!!!

Gulag

Watcher

January 20th, 2014, 12:04
Now only if they will manage to make the necessary balance adjustments for Blackguards that would make the game wonderful instead of frustrating.

Ranger

Watcher

January 20th, 2014, 15:40
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Also purchased Blackguards today, but I'm debating on whether to play it now or wait until the final version.
Wait for the final version. It adds character creation, a detailed tutorial + rule explanations and a lot of polish.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

January 22nd, 2014, 14:03
just in case you haven't already seen it… Daedalic is offering the first chapter of Blackguards as a free demo! <3

http://www.gamershell.com/news_160065.html

Gulag

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blackguards - Preview @ GameGrin