|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » CD Projekt RED - Interview @ MCV India

Default CD Projekt RED - Interview @ MCV India

January 23rd, 2014, 04:47
MCV India interviews Marcin Iwinski the Co-Founder of CD Projekt.

Marcin Iwinski’s love for games and his passion for the work his company does are infectious. Having started out as a publisher and distributor in Poland, CD Projekt announced itself on the world stage with The Witcher series of role-playing games, and then with its ever-popular, DRM-free digital distribution service, GOG.com.

This year, its development studio, CD Projekt RED, is set to release the wildly ambitious The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, which floored audiences at E3 and swept the show with over 50 awards. We had a chance to chat with Iwinski at length about The Witcher 3 and what lies ahead for the series; GOG.com and the future of retail; its next project Cyberpunk 2077; DRM and piracy; and a whole lot more.
More information.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 23rd, 2014, 04:47
After reading the interview CD Projekt deserves to called one of the best developers in the game industry. I wish other developers would follow their example.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 23rd, 2014, 06:20
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
After reading the interview CD Projekt deserves to called one of the best developers in the game industry. I wish other developers would follow their example.
They have been, in my opinion, ever since The Witcher and launching gog. They are always very open and honest in media and one of the rare devs who actually are willing to earn less money to keep the customers happy.

Speak your own words of wisdom instead of quoting someone else's.

NyxVampiria

Semidevilish

January 23rd, 2014, 06:53
Unfortunately, it's all but certain to turn into a size/money/power race at some point. It's just human nature after having had enough success and the initial ambitions have been met and exceeded. Then the most obvious and (sadly) natural ambition is just to grow and expand until there's no creative juices left and it becomes a machine built on rules based on what used to work - forgetting that there are no set rules in the world of creativity and once you think so, you have nothing left to offer.

Hehe, sorry - but that's the way it usually goes.

I think we have some great games to go yet, though.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

January 23rd, 2014, 07:06
Death to the heretic.

So long as they continue to make good games I'm content. By the time this happens a new developer will take their place. The cycle continues as they say.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 23rd, 2014, 07:12
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Death to the heretic.

So long as they continue to make good games I'm content. By the time this happens a new developer will take their place. The cycle continues as they say.
I'm content no matter what, as I've chosen not to depend on the hope that people change

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

January 23rd, 2014, 10:56
I agree with both DArtagnan and Couchpotato! I think eventually CD Project red will go the way of Bioware but we will have a new champion. Looking at the KS over the last year, I think we have few good candidates already!

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

January 23rd, 2014, 11:19
Just wait until EA buys them and cancel all their games and add DRM to everything on GOG.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

January 23rd, 2014, 12:28
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Just wait until EA buys them and cancel all their games and add DRM to everything on GOG.
But not before Disney buys EA. Damn it, we'll be playing as Darth Scrooge in Battlefield: Cyberpunk

Speak your own words of wisdom instead of quoting someone else's.

NyxVampiria

Semidevilish

January 23rd, 2014, 17:54
When the Ad-men and Bean-counters take over, it's death to creativity because they'll suck up all the resources and ossify the process.

Zephyr

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » CD Projekt RED - Interview @ MCV India