Ama's Lullaby - A Cyberpunk/Post Apocalyptic RPG [WIP]

Ama's Lullaby

Watcher
Hi there,

In case you missed the RPGWatch news about this project, I'd like to show you a new independant game that is currently in development: Ama's Lullaby.

You'll find more info here: https://www.facebook.com/amaslullaby

About the game : Ama's Lullaby is a survival cRPG which takes place in a cyberpunk and post-apocalyptic world. It features tactical combats, immersive dialogs, and a complex system of characters' health management.
This is the story of Ama, a cyborg left to herself after having escaped from her creators. With Bran, a lone survivor in the wastelands, she will discover what she was created for: to save the human race from the machine threat. But she quickly develops a taste for life, becomes attached to Bran, and her sacrifice might be a gift that humanity does not deserve…

Who is this game for? This game is for you if:

• You want an intense story.
  • You think that game characters are usually boring, with no feelings or psychology.
  • You're used to count each ammunition and food rations in your bag. We never know.
  • Evocating movies like Blade Runner, The Road, Waterworld or Mad Max drive you crazy.
  • You love gloomy atmospheres!
  • You like strategy.

About the team: we are 2 developers, 1 graphist, 1 sound designer and 1 composer based in Paris.

About our objectives: we want to create a demo level of the game with all the main features included (survival mechanics, turn based combat mode, immersive dialogs). This demo will be free to play, and we hope it will help us to launch a crownfunding. Then, the success of this project is completely dependant of the community behind the game. That's why we would love to see you on our side: you can follow us on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/amaslullaby We will really need your support and feedback.

Now, it's time to take look at what has been already done.
Here are some in-game video clips (only first tests, not the final game):

InGame Video 1

InGame Video 2

Environment concept arts:

AmasLullaby_Art_01.jpg

AmasLullaby_Art_02.jpg

In-game screenshots:

AmasLullaby_Ingame_01.jpg

AmasLullaby_Ingame_02.jpg

3D model of the character Ama:

AmasLullaby_Wire_01.jpg

AmasLullaby_HighRes_01.jpg

You can see much more on the Facebook page of the project, we use it as a production diary; even if we'll post major updates on this thread, if you look interested.
See you!

Cinematics_ScreenShot_01.jpg

Cinematics_AmasLullaby_01.jpg

AmasLullaby_Cinematics_02.png

AmasLullaby_Teaser_01.jpg

Cinematics_Tests.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, though it'll be difficult for me to immerse playing a female cyborg.

Hm... wonder if that's because of the cyborg or the female thing. ;)

Very nice touch! I feel the Blade Runner athmosphere.

No website yet :/ ?

@NyxVampiria : We like the way you talk ;) Thanks!!

@Morrandir : Don't worry about that, the story is based on a duo of characters (one of them is a guy, and he doesn't like cyborgs him neither...). You'll play a team of characters, not only the cyborg (but you won't remove her from the team!!).

@SiENcE : Thanks! Sorry but we have no website yet... Most of the updates are on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/amaslullaby) and on this forum!

I'm interested very much, because the shown art/model is too complicated for phones which means this can't be a phonegame.
However:
Most of the updates are on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/amaslullaby)
Sorry but I'm avoiding social networks like a plague. I'll wait for the site.

If you choose to go crowdfunding, count me already as a backer.

Now I'm not one for long replies so count me as interested. I'll watch the updates and post them on the front page if you want.:thumbsup:

@Joxer: Ok, you're note the first to ask for a website :) It's only a matter of time, and it's a pleasure to know our work on this won't be useless. Thanks for pre-baking the game ;)

@Couchpotato: Sure, we can't refuse your help!! Many thanks for your support :)

Cyberpunk is a theme that's going to blow up over the next years I'm sure, thanks to Cyberpunk 2077. A theme I'm planning to enjoy to the best of my ability x)

@Morrandir : Don't worry about that, the story is based on a duo of characters (one of them is a guy, and he doesn't like cyborgs him neither…). You'll play a team of characters, not only the cyborg (but you won't remove her from the team!!).
Sounds promising! :)

Recap of the day!

Our team is still working, especially on more technical stuff. Let's talk what's new, and what has been done:

• Selection/Navigation system with pathfinding

Pathfinding demo

We are now able to create an army of zombies following you anywhere :)
Just kidding, no zombies over here! Anyway, zombies don't need pathfinding, they walk straight.

• Fog of War system

Navigate in the level with a fog of war is definitely more fun. Now we can't see what's on the other side of a wall.

FogOfWar_01.jpg

• 3D props

We are trying new 3D tools to improve quality and productivity, and we add some details to the environment.

AmasLullaby_Ingame_04.jpg

And take a look at this gun! We can't wait to shoot some zombies robots in awesome turn based combats:

LaserGun.jpg

• Music and sound
We have our first sound in the game, and the music composition process has already begun. Take care, dark mood over here :)

AmasLullabyCubase.jpg

• Social
Now you can find Ama's Lullaby on Twitter (@AmasLullaby): https://twitter.com/AmasLullaby

See you for the next update, stay tuned, and speak of Ama's Lullaby around you!

Good to hear from you again. :)

Do you already have a schedule for your demo and crowdfunding campaign?

@Morrandir: We want to finish the demo before the end of the year, but it's hard to schedule because we work on our free time. The team will expand soon (an other programmer is joining the team), so I thing it's a question of months now. The crowdfunding campaign will start some weeks after the demo's release, if we have a great feedback :)

I love the cyberpunk setting and turn-based combat is a huge plus in my book. Will it be tactical turn-based (e.g., Shadowrun Returns, X-com, etc.) or more of a JRPG / blobber style of turn-based? And you said immersive dialogue which sounds great and I hope means having some choices that matter.

Hey! We've been quite busy this summer, we had to take a break with the game. Now we're getting back to work, and it starts with our new website!! Enjoy!
www.amaslullaby.com

@Daveyd: we're trying to blend different styles of combat mode (JRPG & tactical), to keep the best of each systems. We want something different and more immersive than tactical turn-per-turn (we like it but we want to create a more original system, adapted to our game).

Interesting project that seems to have some vision behind it. I hope you will finish it successfully.

No news recently?

This game is for you if:
  • You want an intense story.
  • You think that game characters are usually boring, with no feelings or psychology.
  • You're used to count each ammunition and food rations in your bag. We never know.
  • Evocating movies like Blade Runner, The Road, Waterworld or Mad Max drive you crazy.
  • You love gloomy atmospheres!
  • You like strategy.

Well, the game seems to be for me. :)

BTW I wonder how Mad Max story-driven RPG would look like…

Interesting project that seems to have some vision behind it. I hope you will finish it successfully.

No news recently?

Thanks! Here are the news ;-)

———

Hi all,

As you will see with the next pictures, we don't have a lot of screenshots from our game prototype to show you. In facts, it is progressing quite slowly. The main reason is that the project is too complex (because of the RPG and hardore-oriented features) for being developed without any funds. It takes a lot of time, and because in our lives we have full-time jobs, it runs slowly. Furthermore, it's complicated to stay focused, and to motivate the team since the beginning of the project (it has started in the end of 2013…), without any guarantee of a succesful financing in the future. We'd love to give more for this project but we can't.

That's why we're thinking about trying to raise funds, in a few months. It could help us to focus on the game, to develop it in a quite faster way. More importantly, it would give us the opportunity to build a real small game development studio behind the project, to make it more official.

So, what are we doing now in our free time? Well, we're working on a small cinematic 3D movie, showing the game's atmosphere and main lines story. Here are some test renders and screenshots (still work in progress).

Cinematics_ScreenShot_01.jpg

Cinematics_AmasLullaby_01.jpg

AmasLullaby_Cinematics_02.png

AmasLullaby_Teaser_01.jpg

Cinematics_Tests.jpg

We will be back very soon to announce our decision about the crowdfunding campaign, stay tuned! Feel free to tell us your point of view on our website, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or on this forum. You can also contact us via the contact form of our website.

Back
Top Bottom