Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Jotun - action exploration game in Nordic mythology

Default Jotun - action exploration game in Nordic mythology

September 28th, 2015, 23:34

It seems noboby posted about "Jotun", which seems to be the kind of games that people here may like!
It's an action-exploration game that takes place in "Viking purgatory" where a warrior must prove her value to the gods by defeating them.

I find the trailer really well-made, and the atmosphere reminds me a little bit of "The Banner Saga" (with less melancholia and more action) :

It seems that it's not really an "RPG" in the sens that there is no XP, nor level up. But the gameplay seems close to a "2D dark sousl" (a little bit like Eitr maybe?) with gigantic bosses (a little bit like Shadow of the Colossus or Titan Souls).

If you're interested, they have done a Kickstarter last year, are already greenlighted, and have a game website.

I think there was an alpha and a beta, but I didn't play them, so I don't really have an opinion about the game (except from what the nice trailers show). But anyway, the game is released tomorrow, so there should be some reviews online in the coming days!

Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Jotun - action exploration game in Nordic mythology