|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Updates #4 & 5

Default Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Updates #4 & 5

January 25th, 2014, 09:07
Warhorse Studios has two more updates today for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Update #4 - "Stretch goals"

You have taken our campaign literally by storm, we never expected to raise our goal in the first 36 hours. But we can always do better and there are things we can do to make Kingdom Come: Deliverance go further.

Our investor is as happy as we are and he confirmed that he will keep his part of the bargain. This means that every penny will go into making the game better. We can hire more people, use better technologies, record live music, and hire top actors. Somebody told us to hire Sean Bean for voiceovers. Yeah, we would love to, he is awesome, but we will need some serious cash to afford such famous names and the more we raise, the higher the chance this will happen.

So here is the list of things we would like to do with the extra money we raise.
Update #5 - "New tiers"

We were surprised how fast the Emperor tier sold out. Is seems that some people really wanted to own some sword. Many people also wanted to contribute more and used the Pope tier – that was a pleasant surprise. For these reasons we added three new tiers:

• The Wenzel der Faule backers will get a sword. However, we want the first backers to have something unique, so while the Emperor tier swords will carry unique inscriptions, the Wenzel swords will be all alike. And because we don’t have unlimited supply of churches, the Wenzel tier backers will get their conciliatory cross instead of a church portrait. The conciliatory cross is a medieval artefact, especially in Central Europe, whereby a criminal could reconcile with his victim by paying a compensation and erecting a cross. Finding conciliatory crosses is going to be an achievement in our game and they will carry names of the Wenzel der Faule tier backers.
  • The Illuminatus and Saint tiers are intended for the people with lot of money and no better way of spending them. The swords for these tiers are going to be hand-and-a-half, i.e. so called Bastard swords. They will be of the highest quality, hand-made, individually forged beautiful weapons with personalized inscription. Beside the sword you will also get a hand-painted shield decorated with the coat-of-arms of a noble family related to the game story. You will also get billing in the game credits.
  • The Saint tier backers will moreover get their own statues in the in-game churches, with their name on it. And they will get an amazing two day tour through the real-world locations where our game takes place. There will be a professional historian/archaeologist to point out the historical connections and you will be able to visit places that are normally off limits to tourists.
More information.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

January 25th, 2014, 09:07
We were surprised how fast the Emperor tier sold out. Is seems that some people really wanted to own some sword. Many people also wanted to contribute more and used the Pope tier…

Swords, is it? And I suppose they get the ale at Pope level? I hope they have good insurance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxN0aw0Ub44

Kinda got bummed looking for the BGII clip on youtube. I remember the game having good graphics, and great sound. To my sensibilities today… not so much!

CraigCWB

Sentinel

January 25th, 2014, 12:38
CLANG seems nicely emulated here. Let's hope they can make the sandbox gameplay interesting.

mercy

Sentinel

January 25th, 2014, 18:48
I like everything about this game, except the realistic setting. That is my biggest gripe with M&B, although some mods did rectify it somewhat. Some magic and fantastical beasts add flavour, otherwise it just feels bland after a while. King Arthur The RPG is a good example, it took alot of good things from the Total War games and added magic & monsters. Brilliant, although it was lacking in some departments, the sequel even more so…

I realize alot of people feel the opposite, so this game must be heaven sent in their opinion…I'l just keep my hopes up for Mount&Blade Fantasy or Warhammer:Total War…
Last edited by tomasp3n; January 26th, 2014 at 12:13.

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

January 26th, 2014, 00:40
Originally Posted by tomasp3n View Post
King Arthur The RPG is a good example, it took alot of good things from the Total War games and added magic & monsters. Brilliant, although it was lacking in some departments, the sequel eve more so…
Yeah, King Arthur RPG was one of those games like Pacific Storm that just blew me away at first. Really makes you wonder when a little studio can do so much that big development houses can't or won't. Even the visuals in King Arthur were far better, at least to my eye, than anything that'd been in the Total War franchise up to that date. With both these games, though, I was left with the feeling that the core developers had lost interest in them before they were even finished. I can't really think of any other reason why so many obvious problems never got fixed, even years after release.

CraigCWB

Sentinel

January 26th, 2014, 00:56
King Arthur The RPG is a good example, it took alot of good things from the Total War games and added magic & monsters.
That is exactly why I find the game King Arthur so utterly fascinating. Total War battles, RPG elements, story, and fantastical, magical creatures. Basically, the game is a perfect blend of the things I like! Fantastic game.

I agree that a realistic medieval setting without magic and monsters could be a bit bland, so maybe that's why publishers felt there was no real market for this game. We'll see how they deliver.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

January 27th, 2014, 14:06
I realize alot of people feel the opposite, so this game must be heaven sent in their opinion…I'l just keep my hopes up for Mount&Blade Fantasy or Warhammer:Total War…
The realistic setting is indeed the biggest draw for me.
It's a nice change from all the standard fantasy-fare for sure.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Updates #4 & 5