|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Preview @ The Gaming Heretic

Default Original Sin - Preview @ The Gaming Heretic

January 29th, 2014, 12:40
The Gaming Heretic takes a look at the Early Access version of Divinity: Original Sin.

Being an alpha build, the game often crashed, or Iíd find myself in a place where I couldnít advance. I had to start the game over a handful of times from my last save point and got to a point where I was saving every time I felt that I had just accomplished something important or if I just hadnít saved in 10 minutes. I learned to do this the hard way after I had lost an hourís progress early on due to a crash. In retrospect, it was really maybe only about 10-15 minutes of work but the game was new to me and it felt like such a huge loss at the time. Some of the other bugs included a door being locked that shouldnít have been (thankfully it later unlocked so I could progress), and an instance where I accidentally started a chat dialogue with a sheep that the game wouldnít let me out of; I had to force close.

All of these are, however, understandable, as the game is still under development. Annoying, but understandable.

Thereís so much more to the game that I havenít had the chance to play yet: multiplayer, larger battles, the crafting system, custom content, etc. If things continue as they are, I think the game will be worth its $40 price once itís released if youíre a fan of RPGs. I really liked what I saw and experienced.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 29th, 2014, 12:40
So it's still in alpha but they expect release in about a month?

Fargol

Watcher

January 29th, 2014, 13:18
No, release date will be shifted. It's currently unknown for how long.

Morrandir

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

January 29th, 2014, 14:25
And it's good that it's shifted because I have already too many newly released games to (re)play. Bloody 2013 with not enough games, bloody 2014 with too much of games!

Toka Koka

joxer

Mass Effect 4 Shepard
RPGWatch Donor

January 29th, 2014, 14:30
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
No, release date will be shifted. It's currently unknown for how long.
This is for the best. Although, polish is going into the right direct from what I've seen.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

January 31st, 2014, 00:11
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
And it's good that it's shifted because I have already too many newly released games to (re)play. Bloody 2013 with not enough games, bloody 2014 with too much of games!
Save some for 2015

Yme

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Preview @ The Gaming Heretic