|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mistborn - Development Status Update

Default Mistborn - Development Status Update

February 6th, 2014, 18:55
I've missed this bit of information on Mistborn: Birthright that was published on their facebook page last December. In case you have missed this as well here it is:

Hi Mistborn fans…

First, we would like to apologize for the lack of updates on Birthright.

Here is a little background:

About a year and half ago we had just started full production on the game when half of the development studio working on Birthright got sold to another major publisher. Losing that many staff forced us to put the project on hold, but our expectation at the time was to immediately move to another developer and resume production.

We've now spent over a year trying to put all the pieces back together, so that we could give fans an meaningful update.

While there still isn't a lot of official detail that can be revealed at this time, here is what we can say:

- We are still very much committed to getting the game made, but it's important that we choose the right developer and deliver a game we can all be proud of
- We're staying with Brandon Sanderson's original storyline that he created just for the game back in 2012
- Due to the addition of new console platforms, we've made the decision to start over from scratch to support Xbox One, PS4, X360, PS3, and PC
- A new developer has been selected, but contracts are still in negotiation
- We're now targeting a Fall 2015 release date

We will definitely post more information as the project moves forward.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 6th, 2014, 18:55
Love the books. Hope the game turns out ok in the end.

Yme

Sentinel

February 6th, 2014, 19:37
Agreed, the books were quite good. The game could be the same, so I'll be interested to hear more.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

February 6th, 2014, 19:37
Gonna be a tough nut to crack- Krondor being the only example I can think of (offhand) of a successful attempt. Still, I wish them well.

Santos

Ass-hat

February 6th, 2014, 19:46
I forgot this game even existed as it's been two years, and very little information was given out about the game. I hope it turns out to be a good game.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls." - Couchpotato

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 6th, 2014, 19:50
It certainly is an interesting setting, so I hope this turns out well. There's a lot of potential, especially if Brandon Sanderson wrote the story.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 6th, 2014, 20:34
would make an excellent tv series, i didnt think game of thrones could have been made, but hopefully that will inspire someone to give mistborn and the wheel of time the same treatment.

cptbarkey

Sentinel

February 6th, 2014, 20:38
Originally Posted by cptbarkey View Post
would make an excellent tv series, i didnt think game of thrones could have been made, but hopefully that will inspire someone to give mistborn and the wheel of time the same treatment.
I would definitely watch a TV version of Mistborn, and The Wheel of Time. They need to make sure it's on a cable channel though as I hate censorship.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls." - Couchpotato

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 7th, 2014, 04:17
I don't remember there being all that much to censor, really. We would have to miss out on a lot of the thoughts of the characters but, in exchange, we could actually see the special effects.

Wheel of Time would be… huge. You wouldn't have a nice, handy website to let you look up characters that you haven't seen in 3000 pages, either. Maybe just do the first three books?

I'm still wishing for the Asprin's Myth books to turn into movies.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

February 7th, 2014, 05:34
They are making movies based on The Wheel of Time series but I just haven't heard anything for awhile.

PS. It would have been better to do a series based on The Wheel of Time since they could turn it into an 8 season series easily but with movies it would be between 13-15 which would take a long time.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

February 7th, 2014, 07:11
I enjoyed the first Mistborn book. Thought the trilogy got weaker from there. While I was reading the first one, I wondered when someone would make a movie out of it. Seems a natural for that. I also thought it could make an excellent video game. Being who I am, I imagined it with isometric turn-based tactical combat, which could be very interesting, if they did coin flying and coin shots right.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mistborn - Development Status Update