|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blood Knights - 50% Off on Steam

Default Blood Knights - 50% Off on Steam

February 7th, 2014, 01:18
Blood Knights is the next daily deal on Steam for 50% off. Now I agree with Joxer, and I can't recommend this game. Despite what I think some of you might be interested.

Combine your vampiric skills with the sharp edge of your blade in this medieval vampire hack‘n‘slay. Battle through hordes of monsters to restore your honor after you, a legendary and feared vampire hunter, have been turned into a vampire yourself!

Deck13 (Venetica, Jack Keane) brings you an action-packed RPG, where you can play solo or co-op: Switch between the close-combat warrior and the crossbow wielding vampiress at any time while in singleplayer; or play co-op with a friend, joining your forces to defeat the onslaught of the evil hordes. Strike down your enemies using devastating close-combat and ranged attacks or whirl your enemies around and suck their blood using your vampiric abilities.
More information.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

February 7th, 2014, 01:18
They still haven't added Venetica on Steam, from the looks of things a much better game than this one.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

February 7th, 2014, 01:21
Originally Posted by Acleacius View Post
They still haven't added Venetica on Steam, from the looks of things a much better game than this one.
The publisher went bankrupt so I have a feeling it will never come out on Steam.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

February 7th, 2014, 02:43
For games I'm not familiar with, I just look at the "hrs" on each of the reviews on steam. A good game will show 40+ hours for each person (the higher the better).

This game shows 9, 10, 2, 7, and 4 for the first few reviews. That is a simple rule of thumb to follow if you want to make sure you get value out of your money. Just look at the hours.

For example, Borderlands 2 is on sale (again) and the hours are 671, 95, 257, 143, 238. Now that is value, especially combined with the sales.

zz

Watcher

February 7th, 2014, 04:44
671? Man, that guy is crazy. I got bored pretty fast with Borderlands. Of course, I don't play online.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

February 7th, 2014, 04:55
Originally Posted by zz View Post
For games I'm not familiar with, I just look at the "hrs" on each of the reviews on steam. A good game will show 40+ hours for each person (the higher the better).

This game shows 9, 10, 2, 7, and 4 for the first few reviews. That is a simple rule of thumb to follow if you want to make sure you get value out of your money. Just look at the hours.

For example, Borderlands 2 is on sale (again) and the hours are 671, 95, 257, 143, 238. Now that is value, especially combined with the sales.
Don't be silly. Blood Knights is a 6 hour long game. Your "rule of thumb" is completely invalid. You can't compare a short story driven game to borderlands 2 which is a much larger game that people spend a lot of time on.
Or if you're implying that you want to play a 6 hour long game 20 times over then this isn't the game for you obviously. But for a low price it's certainly worth getting. Blood Knights is far from a great game but it's fun enough to justify getting on a good sale.

Speak your own words of wisdom instead of quoting someone else's.

NyxVampiria

Semidevilish

February 7th, 2014, 11:53
Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
671? Man, that guy is crazy. I got bored pretty fast with Borderlands. Of course, I don't play online.
+1. Papercut "graphics" isn't really my style.

mercy

Sentinel

February 7th, 2014, 19:06
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The publisher went bankrupt so I have a feeling it will never come out on Steam.
It won't. But is still available on GG:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-VENETICA/venetica

A great game, gamersgate sometimes won't allow you to buy it because of some region lock sillyness. It would be nice to have it also on GOG which doesn't care where you live, so please vote here:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/venetica

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blood Knights - 50% Off on Steam