|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lords of the Fallen - Gameplay Video

Default Lords of the Fallen - Gameplay Video

February 11th, 2014, 13:35
IGN has a new video for Lords of the Fallen with seven minutes of gameplay footage.

It's a Zelda/Dark Souls/Darksiders mash-up. Yes, it looks as cool as it sounds.
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; February 11th, 2014 at 23:22.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 11th, 2014, 13:35
lame, that boss fight is the lamest boss fight i have seen in a while

Fanest

Watcher

February 11th, 2014, 13:58
Way better combat system than Dark Souls. Physical feedback is excellent on full contact. Some enemies die too quickly/easily, but the graphics is great, environments break wonderfully. The boss looses its armor with his HP stages.

Overall looks and feels a lot better than DS.

mercy

Sentinel

February 11th, 2014, 14:00
It's a CGI trailer….(or am I missing sarcasm)

Nithrakis

Watcher

February 11th, 2014, 14:31
Originally Posted by Nithrakis View Post
It's a CGI trailer….(or am I missing sarcasm)
The start is CGI, and then you get 7 min of gameplay.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 11th, 2014, 18:13
I don't know if he was playing the game in easy difficulty, but combat looks too easy and doesn't require any tactics at all. Easily can lean to butto mashing. Also I don't see anything special about the boss fight. I think I have seen this thousand times before. Of course it's not fair judging the game by this short demonstration, but what I saw haven't got any similarities with Soul games, but much like Darksiders. After much hype I was expecting something different.

I like the art style though. Very much like Darksider series, which is a good thing.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

February 11th, 2014, 23:20
This game looks awesome!

SirJames

Sentinel

February 11th, 2014, 23:33
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
This game looks awesome!
I agree and it's about time we finally get some gameplay footage.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 12th, 2014, 00:07
Not sure. We'll see. Something of the quality of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic would be welcome, though.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

February 12th, 2014, 00:17
I was actually more excited about this before I saw the gameplay footage. I'll keep an open mind though I'm sure there's much more to it than they showed and the final game will be more difficult.

Also Shadows of mordors gameplay footage really impressed me and has stole some of this games thunder.

And I never thought I say it but after a steady diet of all th TB games recently I'm in the mood for a good 3rd person ARPG.

sakichop

SasqWatch

February 12th, 2014, 20:37
A bit of a letdown for me, too.

The dev playing the bossfight makes it sound like it's something new and really exceptional, but I have seen this done before, even done a thousand times better.

I don't think it's anywhere near Souls combat complexity yet, but he does say there's no magic involved in the presentation. The backstab is exactly the same mechanic as in Souls games. The combos are a welcome thing, but I can't see anything from what he's doing.

I'm also not a great fan of the WoW-like art direction (paladin in mask with huge plastic-looking hammer and armor flipping about).

But let's wait and see more.

Soulbane

Seeker of knowledge

February 12th, 2014, 23:20
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
I was actually more excited about this before I saw the gameplay footage. I'll keep an open mind though I'm sure there's much more to it than they showed and the final game will be more difficult.

Also Shadows of mordors gameplay footage really impressed me and has stole some of this games thunder.

And I never thought I say it but after a steady diet of all th TB games recently I'm in the mood for a good 3rd person ARPG.
I agree with you. Shadow of Mordor gameplay looks much more interesting and creates excitement than this one.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

February 12th, 2014, 23:25
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post

Originally Posted by Gokyabgu View Post
I agree with you. Shadow of Mordor gameplay looks much more interesting and creates excitement than this one.
I will still play both myself but they are different games. One is a Dark Souls clone, and the other is an Assassin Creed clone. Nothing new here but both look entertaining.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 12th, 2014, 23:36
Yeah I agree I'd buy Shadow of Mordor before this one, but neither seems to hold a candle to Batman: AC. Hard to tell with pre-alpha footage though.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

February 13th, 2014, 03:55
Spam attacks and no damage indicators other than the bar. No blood. Its basically like Kindoms of Alumar: The Reckoning without the cartoon look. Clearly a separate camera control for gamepads. Not for me at all.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

February 15th, 2014, 02:28
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I will still play both myself but they are different games. One is a Dark Souls clone, and the other is an Assassin Creed clone. Nothing new here but both look entertaining.
Nothing new? Am I the only one that thinks the nemesis system in shadow of mordor is something new? And very cool.

I can't think of any game I've seen it in before.

sakichop

SasqWatch

February 15th, 2014, 03:02
I wasn't impressed by the footage I've seen of Shadow of Morder. The Nemesis system sounds cool in writing, but then so did Radiant AI.

Not really sure what to think of Lords of the Fallen yet..

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 15th, 2014, 03:05
A lot less interested in this after seeing the video.

On the side topic, I hadn't been paying attention to Shadow of Mordor at all till it was brought up in this thread. That video looked awesome. While it's staying true to Assassin's Creed's formula, the Nemesis System seems like a really cool feature and it's new to me at least.

greywolf00

Sentinel

February 15th, 2014, 03:18
Originally Posted by greywolf00 View Post
While it's staying true to Assassin's Creed's formula
I think that's an understatement. It's more like "while ripping off Assassin's Creed". It even appears they recycled some of the same animations.

A bigger issue though (for me) is that it doesn't really seem "Tolkienesque" at all. That's not to say it won't end up being good, but I would have preferred if they had went with something original instead of throwing LoTR in there for name recognition.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 15th, 2014, 03:54
True, though I rarely expect anything but rip offs from major titles these days. Publishers are just too scared to take chances sadly. Not enough new IPs, tons of recycled concepts.

I can see the "Tolkienesque" thing bothering some people too, tends to be a concern with most major franchises.

greywolf00

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lords of the Fallen - Gameplay Video