Lords of the Fallen - Gameplay Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
lame, that boss fight is the lamest boss fight i have seen in a while

Way better combat system than Dark Souls. Physical feedback is excellent on full contact. Some enemies die too quickly/easily, but the graphics is great, environments break wonderfully. The boss looses its armor with his HP stages.

Overall looks and feels a lot better than DS.

I don't know if he was playing the game in easy difficulty, but combat looks too easy and doesn't require any tactics at all. Easily can lean to butto mashing. Also I don't see anything special about the boss fight. I think I have seen this thousand times before. Of course it's not fair judging the game by this short demonstration, but what I saw haven't got any similarities with Soul games, but much like Darksiders. After much hype I was expecting something different.

I like the art style though. Very much like Darksider series, which is a good thing.

I was actually more excited about this before I saw the gameplay footage. I'll keep an open mind though I'm sure there's much more to it than they showed and the final game will be more difficult.

Also Shadows of mordors gameplay footage really impressed me and has stole some of this games thunder.

And I never thought I say it but after a steady diet of all th TB games recently I'm in the mood for a good 3rd person ARPG.

A bit of a letdown for me, too.

The dev playing the bossfight makes it sound like it's something new and really exceptional, but I have seen this done before, even done a thousand times better.

I don't think it's anywhere near Souls combat complexity yet, but he does say there's no magic involved in the presentation. The backstab is exactly the same mechanic as in Souls games. The combos are a welcome thing, but I can't see anything from what he's doing.

I'm also not a great fan of the WoW-like art direction (paladin in mask with huge plastic-looking hammer and armor flipping about).

But let's wait and see more.

I was actually more excited about this before I saw the gameplay footage. I'll keep an open mind though I'm sure there's much more to it than they showed and the final game will be more difficult.

Also Shadows of mordors gameplay footage really impressed me and has stole some of this games thunder.

And I never thought I say it but after a steady diet of all th TB games recently I'm in the mood for a good 3rd person ARPG.

I agree with you. Shadow of Mordor gameplay looks much more interesting and creates excitement than this one.

I agree with you. Shadow of Mordor gameplay looks much more interesting and creates excitement than this one.
I will still play both myself but they are different games. One is a Dark Souls clone, and the other is an Assassin Creed clone. Nothing new here but both look entertaining. ^^

Spam attacks and no damage indicators other than the bar. No blood. Its basically like Kindoms of Alumar: The Reckoning without the cartoon look. Clearly a separate camera control for gamepads. Not for me at all.

I will still play both myself but they are different games. One is a Dark Souls clone, and the other is an Assassin Creed clone. Nothing new here but both look entertaining. ^^

Nothing new? Am I the only one that thinks the nemesis system in shadow of mordor is something new? And very cool.

I can't think of any game I've seen it in before.

I wasn't impressed by the footage I've seen of Shadow of Morder. The Nemesis system sounds cool in writing, but then so did Radiant AI. :)

Not really sure what to think of Lords of the Fallen yet..

A lot less interested in this after seeing the video.

On the side topic, I hadn't been paying attention to Shadow of Mordor at all till it was brought up in this thread. That video looked awesome. While it's staying true to Assassin's Creed's formula, the Nemesis System seems like a really cool feature and it's new to me at least.

While it's staying true to Assassin's Creed's formula

I think that's an understatement. It's more like "while ripping off Assassin's Creed". It even appears they recycled some of the same animations.

A bigger issue though (for me) is that it doesn't really seem "Tolkienesque" at all. That's not to say it won't end up being good, but I would have preferred if they had went with something original instead of throwing LoTR in there for name recognition.

True, though I rarely expect anything but rip offs from major titles these days. Publishers are just too scared to take chances sadly. Not enough new IPs, tons of recycled concepts.

I can see the "Tolkienesque" thing bothering some people too, tends to be a concern with most major franchises.

Back
Top Bottom