|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingdom Come - Update# 15, The Living World

Default Kingdom Come - Update# 15, The Living World

February 14th, 2014, 05:19
Warhorse Studios has released the next video update for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Welcome to our fifth video update!

In this video update we would like to invite to you to come to explore our world, the world that comes alive with activities of NPCs that go about their daily routines as believably and intelligently as we can make them. Other characters react to your actions and even to actions of other characters – creating a truly emergent world.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 14th, 2014, 05:19
Gotta love the last five seconds of game footage.

Santos

Ass-hat

February 14th, 2014, 07:43
Wow, that's damn ambitious.

Morrandir

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

February 14th, 2014, 11:16
Anyone know if they've confirmed a non-DRM release yet?

hiciacit

Watcher

February 14th, 2014, 14:14
There are no plans for DRMfree release, although they're "thinking" about GOG release. I don't care really, backed it instantly when the project started.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 14th, 2014, 14:30
The guy that starts talking around the six minute mark doesn't look to healthy…

Steinawarjar

Watcher

February 14th, 2014, 16:04
Classical symptoms of a typical software developers desease that's caused by lack of sunlight and overindulgence of coffee and pizza.

Morrandir

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

February 14th, 2014, 16:41
this looks and sounds like the hype Bethesda has given in Oblivion and Skyrim AI. Oh for these developers to actually deliver!

SonOfCapiz

Sentinel

February 14th, 2014, 16:51
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
There are no plans for DRMfree release, although they're "thinking" about GOG release. I don't care really, backed it instantly when the project started.
Yeah I read that in the FAQs too, but I was wondering if perhaps they mentioned something about this again. I don't have a steam account and I don't plan to get one just for this game (although I really want to back it). So not sure whether I should risk it

hiciacit

Watcher

February 14th, 2014, 22:57
Originally Posted by hiciacit View Post
Yeah I read that in the FAQs too, but I was wondering if perhaps they mentioned something about this again. I don't have a steam account and I don't plan to get one just for this game (although I really want to back it). So not sure whether I should risk it
I asked a few days ago what the current prospects are for a DRM-free version and I haven't received any reply yet. I fear that they'll stick to Steam exclusivity, in which case I shall refrain from backing…..instead I'll just wait for a Steam sale .
Last edited by Asdraguuhl; February 14th, 2014 at 23:22.

Asdraguuhl

Sentinel

February 15th, 2014, 05:17
The amount of work that has already gone into this game is looking like some of the AAA titles out there. Nice.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

February 15th, 2014, 08:13
So it might be another game coming without the DRM free thingie. Going as the prediction: DRM free versions were popular to make KS popular.

With the economy of scale due to developping in an Eastern European country, they seem to go with a brute force approach, piling on pseudo behaviours.
Behaviours have no other matter but to appear.

Even though the guy in the vid mentioned that the world could create opportunities.

A poor choice: subordinating the player to the game world. Players do not like that. Reporting to an NPC during the night comes with consequences and this wont be liked by players.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

February 15th, 2014, 11:42
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
A poor choice: subordinating the player to the game world. Players do not like that. Reporting to an NPC during the night comes with consequences and this wont be liked by players.
Players do not like a world that reacts to player action? Seems to me that a world that does NOT react to player action is the game that subordinates the player to the game world.

SonOfCapiz

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingdom Come - Update# 15, The Living World