|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingdom Come: Deliverance - News Roundup

Default Kingdom Come: Deliverance - News Roundup

February 19th, 2014, 09:06
Well it has been a busy week for Warhorse Studios. The kickstarter has 36 hours left, and they already achieved 945,706 of the 300,000 goal.

The first part of the roundup is about a new update with information Warhorse Studios will be sharing tech with Star Citizen. Here are the details.
Welcome Star Citizens!

When I was 15 years old kid, one of my favorite games for my Amiga 500 was Wing Commander. Damn, that game was like playing Star Wars movie! It had fancy 3D graphics way ahead of its time, awesome story with cool animations and its creator Chris Roberts became my idol. I was never hooked up on any other space sim since then.

22 years later I saw a Kickstarter campaign for Star Citizen and I was sold immediately. It just got everything no other space sim got for last twenty years and it was obvious after the first ten seconds of the trailer. This was the ultimate space game I and immediately pledged without even reading their Kickstarter page. I was not the only one and Star Citizen has become most successful crowd funded game of all time.

So it was logical that one year later, when we were preparing our own Kickstarter campaign, Star Citizen was our role model. You learn from the best. So you can imagine how happy we were when Chris Roberts appeared on the list of our backers, and you can’t even imagine how it felt when we received an email from Chris himself. He was telling us that he likes our stuff and since his team is using Cryengine as well, they would like to cooperate with us and share some technology! Who would have thought about this 23 years ago when playing Wing Commander?

So to to make long story short – we will share some of our tools with Star Citizen team and Deliverance will most likely have some tech from Star Citizen as well. Hell yeah!
The second part of the new-bit is about a new AMA on Reddit. It may answer some questions some of you still have about the game.
We are happy to answer: questions about setting, game mechanics, target platforms, technology, look-behind-scenes questions about dealing with publishers and platform holders.
I saved the best for last they also hosted a new Live Stream on Youtube.

More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; February 19th, 2014 at 11:32.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 19th, 2014, 09:06
Btw, why not inject some more flavour into news updates here? How about writing what you think about it, what you liked/disliked..not just about this, but in general. The news on Watch seem so dry

Paul

Watchdog

February 19th, 2014, 10:01
I think that is what this disussion board is there for.

I like the news being neutral without any personal assessment.

Morrandir

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

February 19th, 2014, 10:07
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
I think that is what this disussion board is there for.

I like the news being neutral without any personal assessment.
I fully agree.

Asdraguuhl

Sentinel

February 19th, 2014, 11:30
Hah, fair enough.

Paul

Watchdog

February 19th, 2014, 19:21
I do see editorial comments appearing in the news presentation from time to time.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingdom Come: Deliverance - News Roundup