|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RoA: Blade of Destiny HD - Ogredeath DLC

Default RoA: Blade of Destiny HD - Ogredeath DLC

February 23rd, 2014, 05:29
Steam announces you can now download the Free Ogredeath DLC for RoA: Blade of Destiny HD. As usual here are the details.
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny - Ogredeath DLC

Your quests through the legendary saga of the Northland continue in “Ogredeath” the latest DLC for Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny. Search for a missing member of Aventuria’s elite messenger team. Join a band of huntsmen as you brave the legendary beasts of Torkil’s Chasm. Navigate the exacting currents of the Great Bodir River. Compete against a skillful jester in a knife-throwing contest. Risking all for fame, fortune, forbidden pleasure, and more - the new challenges for this epic RPG will be no walk in the park.

Features

• New Dungeon/Quest "Torkil's Chasm"
  • New Quest "Beilunk Riders in trouble"
  • New Quest "Sweet Erika"
  • A Challenge near Bodir
  • Tavern event "Throwing Contest"
  • Four new encounters on sea
More information.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls." - Couchpotato

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 23rd, 2014, 05:29
It is a free DLC as per the 1.33 changelog:

• Free-DLC “Ogredeath” released, with great help from our Betatesters, especially lunatic

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

February 23rd, 2014, 05:33
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
It is a free DLC as per the 1.33 changelog:

• Free-DLC “Ogredeath” released, with great help from our Betatesters, especially lunatic
I just changed it before you replied. It's fixed now.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls." - Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 23rd, 2014, 18:44
The developers made supreme efforts to get this game into a playable state and they succeeded.

Unfortunately their ability and talents are not enough to create a good game, this one sinks into mediocrity, takes us to a realm where fun dried up and we can witness how absolutely unfeasible the old Dark Eye RPG system is to create a fun modern game.

I learned a lot from Blade of Destiny HD and from its developers: How not to make a game. They demonstrate a prime example. No offense or hate meant of course, just assessing facts and being jubilant that I will try to do a different approach in my game.

mercy

SasqWatch

February 24th, 2014, 00:09
Every game has at least one reviewer calling it "mediocre".

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

PegasusOrgans

Watchdog

February 24th, 2014, 01:38
If I'm seeing metacritic right, DA2 didn't have one reviewer calling it mediocre. But 7.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii
Every other reviewer adored it!

That proves what?

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 24th, 2014, 01:40
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
If I'm seeing metacritic right, DA2 didn't have one reviewer calling it mediocre. But 7.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii

That proves what?
Proves nothing except you hate DA II, and others do that's all. Nothing really newsworthy just read the Bioware threads.

I have yet to play this game, and think I'll wait for the next platinum release.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 24th, 2014, 01:43
I don't hate it.
Because of that game we got one of those things that turn things upside down - so many reviewers lost their credibility after selling their sorry arse to EA.
If DA2 didn't exist, we'd still believe in reviews from some sites.

But what is more important here is metacritic's take on RoA:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/re…ade-of-destiny
I don't see any reviewer there saying it's mediocre. Can't understand why the hate though, none of those reviewers, if I'm seeing it right, didn't actually finish the game. How can you write a review on something you've barely scratched?

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 24th, 2014, 02:04
I hear ya Joxer it's the same when a site reviews a game, and gives it a score it doesn't deserve. The part that makes it hilarious is a year latter they admit the game has flaws.

I'm looking at you Bioware and Bethesda games.

As for finishing the game it should be a requirement, but lately many sites don't. That's why I prefer our member reviews over any other site.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 24th, 2014, 09:24
Originally Posted by joxer View Post

But what is more important here is metacritic's take on RoA:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/re…ade-of-destiny
I don't see any reviewer there saying it's mediocre. Can't understand why the hate though, none of those reviewers, if I'm seeing it right, didn't actually finish the game. How can you write a review on something you've barely scratched?
Generally right, but in this dass misleading: Art release the could not be finished by most players because oft the bugs.

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
"Where STEAM fails, the PHOENIX rises"

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker

February 24th, 2014, 22:31
so what is the post mortem now that its been patched? i'm clueless and wrote this game off early. should i take another look?

cptbarkey

Sentinel

February 24th, 2014, 22:52
Try it.
I did try and was not satisfied with the default party so I wanted to create my own, but it's… Not fun. So I stopped there.
Maybe I just have to get in a mood to do it.

Can't say what comes later, I did try to dance, sing, rob people… It does work, but… I wasn't happy with the character I've made. Simply not seeing a future potential in him and can't "impress" dice to make me one at least close to what I want.

Maybe you like the whole thing?
In fact, if you do create a decent starting party, make a savegame and please mail it to me. I'm not trying to have some godlike party already on level 1, but some that definelty looks ready for a random adventure. Thanks in advance!

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RoA: Blade of Destiny HD - Ogredeath DLC