|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Wonders 3 - Pre-Orders & Release Date

Default Age of Wonders 3 - Pre-Orders & Release Date

February 26th, 2014, 14:26
Triumph Studios has a development update for Age of Wonders 3 with news pre-orders are now available on Steam, and GOG. The official release date is also March 31st.

Here is a new trailer that comes with the news.

Now, after more than 3 years of development and more than 10 years of waiting from the fans, Triumph Studios is ready to confirm the release date for Age of Wonders III: March 31st!

Pre-orders have started at Steam and GOG.com and at retail in select territories. We have a Digital Regular and Deluxe Edition available. The latter adds the truly epic Dragon’s Throne scenario and a fabulous two hour soundtrack; don’t miss out on this! And we have added a free pre-order gift: The Elven Resurgence scenario, which takes the series’ back to its roots in the ancient Heartwood Forest.
More information.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; February 26th, 2014 at 15:26.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 26th, 2014, 14:26
Releasing the same day as ESO early access starts. What the hell there wasn't anything to play last year and now games I want to play are being released on the same damn day. Happened with M&MX and Blackguards already. Anger rising

"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

February 26th, 2014, 15:19
Mars 31th is also around when EQN Landmark is moving to closed beta…

As if my backlog wasn't surcharged enough already.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

February 26th, 2014, 15:24
I'll be pre-ordering, but I won't be able to play it for a while. ESO is going to make sure most of April is booked. I might be able to squeeze in AoW3 between ESO and Div though, but that depends on the release date of Div.

I don't think there's anything else coming in April - June or so. Right?

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 26th, 2014, 15:28
Just so it's clear - this is just a pre-order and not an early access sort of thing …

Fargol

Watcher

February 26th, 2014, 15:34
Originally Posted by Fargol View Post
Just so it's clear - this is just a pre-order and not an early access sort of thing …
It's the full game. I have no idea why you think it's an Early Access game. The entire game was funded by the creator of Minecraft Markus Persson.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 26th, 2014, 15:37
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Releasing the same day as ESO early access starts. What the hell there wasn't anything to play last year and now games I want to play are being released on the same damn day. Happened with M&MX and Blackguards already. Anger rising
We all have the same problem. Too many games, not enough time for all.

The best solution? Buy only games you are really about to start playing immediately. By the time you start others, they'll be on some sale, so no need to pay the full price now.

As I'll be playing AoW3 when it's released, I'm preordering it.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 26th, 2014, 16:13
This game looks awesome but some of the previews have been moaning about pace, especially early pace. I'm not sure if it's because so many gamers including reviewers have ADD these days or if there's something up with the game. You would hope reviewers realize they're not playing linear story based console influenced FPS shooter of the year number 3000.

But then, I wouldn't consider AOW to be an RPG. It has some RPGish elements but it's a strategy game, so not really sure why it gets mentioned on this site.

Since ESO is an abomination - bad representation of ES, bad representation of MMORPGs - bad overall idea for a game, it surely won't be absorbing any of my time.

Voqar

PC Gaming Snob

February 26th, 2014, 16:19
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The entire game was funded by the creator of Minecraft Markus Persson.
I like that about Notch. He makes a lots of money with Minecraft, but in return he gives back a lot to the indie scene (through Kickstarters or others) and helped funding games as well (and I do not believe he is doing it for the ROI).

update:
Originally Posted by Voqar View Post
But then, I wouldn't consider AOW to be an RPG. It has some RPGish elements but it's a strategy game, so not really sure why it gets mentioned on this site.
It has a lot of RPG elements (more than a few ARPG do) and the series is well loved here anyway.
Last edited by azarhal; February 26th, 2014 at 16:39.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

February 26th, 2014, 19:25
What is ESPN and does anyone know if the game tales advantage of steam features?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

February 26th, 2014, 19:31
ESPN is an online site where I used to check lineups in soccergames so I can earn some beermoney on betting. There are better sites than it for some leagues though (kicker.de, marca.es, etc). Sometimes they also noticed things some others didn't, for example a club not scoring if a certain player is not in the first 11.
I used to… I'm not into that stuff for years as it takes too much of time. But I did have over 70% success on pairs I bet on (yea, tracked that too… also too much of timewaster just for the beermoney…).

Dunno about the other part of the question, can you please be more specific?

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 26th, 2014, 19:51
I meant what is ESO (auto correct error). Does the stem version use the library feature forfan made content or stream multilayer matching. Also had anyone played the beta and can comment if age to pre order or if r we should wait for reviews? (Safe if we liked aow or aow-sm)

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

February 26th, 2014, 19:53
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Exactly!!

I've waited ages for an new AoW, I load up AoW-SM every 6 months or so. But I got addicted to ESO last beta weekend and I think all my free time will go to it. What the hell is up with this timing. Would of loved to play this in Feb

Noriym

Watcher

February 26th, 2014, 20:24
I'll preorder this. While I wish there were more races at the outset, it looks pretty likely they will come as DLC. The wording on their website suggests that may be the case. While one can rage against the DLC machine, I don't mind it so much for games I truly enjoy.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

February 27th, 2014, 00:13
I guess if this one depends of GOG sales they will have a surprise, lots of people angry because of the price added to regional pricing…

gandalf.nho

Huntress

February 27th, 2014, 01:04
Fortunately for me I didn't like ESO so I'll be "free" (by "free" I mean I'll only be also playing Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, Victoria 2, Might and Magic X, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some 3 or 4 more)

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

February 27th, 2014, 01:34
Originally Posted by you View Post
I meant what is ESO (auto correct error). Does the stem version use the library feature forfan made content or stream multilayer matching. Also had anyone played the beta and can comment if age to pre order or if r we should wait for reviews? (Safe if we liked aow or aow-sm)
ESO is yet another MMO some believe will change the history of gaming while some like me just yawn when it's mentioned.

Steam version will not use anything different than GOG version, so multiplayer, if it's inside (sorry, didn't really checked as I'm not interested in that), won't have matchmaking between only samestore games.
And I think there was no public beta to play(test), even if it was, testers would have to sign an agreement on not to share details publically.

Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
I'll preorder this. While I wish there were more races at the outset, it looks pretty likely they will come as DLC.
I will preorder as I don't expect DLC outside of "special edition" few maps, but if they do choose to spam DLC, they can stuff it up the same place Nazeem(Skyrim&ESO) is. And I forgot where he is, can someone remind me?
I won't buy any DLC.

Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; February 27th, 2014 at 01:55.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 27th, 2014, 04:26
Is ESO elder scroll online?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

February 27th, 2014, 05:22
Originally Posted by you View Post
Is ESO elder scroll online?
Yes that is the abbreviated name for lazy people to use. It's shorter than writing the whole game title. I see this happen with most MMO games.
Originally Posted by gandalf.nho View Post
I guess if this one depends of GOG sales they will have a surprise, lots of people angry because of the price added to regional pricing…
The good news is you get a free game if the price is higher where you live. GOG also has a new post about Regional Pricing.

Link- http://www.gog.com/news/letter_from_…gional_pricing

Spoiler – The Article

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 27th, 2014, 14:10
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The good news is you get a free game if the price is higher where you live. GOG also has a new post about Regional Pricing.

Link- http://www.gog.com/news/letter_from_…gional_pricing
Even with the letter people are angry with GOG, and even the free games aren't enough (few options and not the best of the bunch)

gandalf.nho

Huntress

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Wonders 3 - Pre-Orders & Release Date