|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Saga Heroes - Kickstarter Now Live

Default Saga Heroes - Kickstarter Now Live

February 27th, 2014, 09:32
Wasatch Games has launched their Kickstarter for Saga Heroes asking for $10,000. As promised here is the link, and some more information about the project.

Saga Heroes is an action/adventure RPG that is played from a top-down perspective, very much inspired by classic action/adventure games on the SNES, but we've added our own unique blend of adventuring, role playing, and action. As you explore, you will complete many quests along the main storyline, and will also have the opportunity to help NPCs by doing their side quests.

You start in the small village of Aria, with the clothes on your back and nothing more. Gain the trust of the townsfolk by completing their quests and uncover the secrets of the Shadow Cabal. Explore the world of Gaia and discover the rich lore behind it all
I also have some screenshots, and the trailer from yesterday.

More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 27th, 2014, 09:32
Impressive music for an inexpensive Kickstarter. The graphics and game play look at least serviceable so perhaps this is a very short game?

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

February 27th, 2014, 13:20
The project dances around SNES.
I hate SNES. I don't want to back a SNES game. And some people don't even know what it is.

Also it says "offers a rich and deep experience that you won't find on mobile". That's far from truth. This is the xth time I'm mentioning Chaos Rings 2 and Sacred Odyssey. I'm not saying you should make an epic game like those two, but saying there is no rich and deep phonegame is too much.

The project text IMO should be reworked ASAP. Or maybe not? The goal is small enough and as such it'll be achieved most definetly.

No matter. It's now as it is, for the next project, if it'll be on KS, I can only suggest avoiding SNES and comparing with existing phonegames, but instead more concentrating on the product presentation.
And definetly keep that music composer hired for future products!

Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; February 27th, 2014 at 13:35.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 27th, 2014, 14:05
This will be a JRPG-like game then?

gandalf.nho

Huntress

February 27th, 2014, 15:00
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
The project dances around SNES.
I hate SNES. I don't want to back a SNES game. And some people don't even know what it is.

Also it says "offers a rich and deep experience that you won't find on mobile". That's far from truth. This is the xth time I'm mentioning Chaos Rings 2 and Sacred Odyssey. I'm not saying you should make an epic game like those two, but saying there is no rich and deep phonegame is too much.

The project text IMO should be reworked ASAP. Or maybe not? The goal is small enough and as such it'll be achieved most definetly.

No matter. It's now as it is, for the next project, if it'll be on KS, I can only suggest avoiding SNES and comparing with existing phonegames, but instead more concentrating on the product presentation.
And definetly keep that music composer hired for future products!
well thats is something like your opinion…
and the people who throws money in ks projects know exactly what a snes is…
and saying only a specific platform can deliver a richt gaming expirience is the dumbest thing ive heard this year…

i dont like bioware games

turian

Sentinel

February 27th, 2014, 20:30
Originally Posted by joxer View Post

Thank you for your feedback. I updated the text to say "Saga Heroes offers a rich and deep experience that is rare on mobile and OUYA"

About the SNES. I had to find a market somewhere and sort of specialize in that area. The game is far from a clunky SNES game, but is very much inspired by them. Once I get the time to work on the PC demo I hope you try it out and pass judgement afterward.

And please keep the feedback coming. I've never had as much useful feedback from a community RPGWatch is great!

Ayrik

Traveler

February 27th, 2014, 21:17
Originally Posted by Ayrik View Post
Thank you for your feedback. I updated the text to say "Saga Heroes offers a rich and deep experience that is rare on mobile and OUYA"
Good job! I like it. And I bet others will like this more than previous text.

Originally Posted by Ayrik View Post
Once I get the time to work on the PC demo I hope you try it out and pass judgement afterward.
Will do. Thanks.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 27th, 2014, 23:51
Originally Posted by gandalf.nho View Post
This will be a JRPG-like game then?
I backed it. Certainly doesn't look like one. See where it goes from here I guess.

We satisfy our endless needs, and justify our bloody deeds, in the name of destiny, and in the name of God.

Icefire

Sentinel
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Saga Heroes - Kickstarter Now Live