|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » New trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Default New trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

April 17th, 2015, 00:37
It still doesn't do much to sway my skepticism, but I like this one a lot more than the first teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

At the very least, it's a nice blast of nostalgia to finally hear and see some of the cast from the originals.
Last edited by JDR13; April 17th, 2015 at 00:50. Reason: Better link

JDR13

SasqWatch

+1:

April 17th, 2015, 01:40
Yeah, that final shot… it's hard not to let out a nerdy squeal.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

April 17th, 2015, 01:57
My brother text it to me today, not that interested. Not even sure what to expect from this one.

CelticFrost

Keeper of the Watch

April 17th, 2015, 02:12
I'm sceptical because I find Abrams a mediocre director, but I must say he has nailed 'the look' of the films. 35mm film probably helps, but they've captured the texture of the world far better than the unmentionable prequels.

If you believe everything you read, do not read.
Japanese proverb

Ripper

I may chew things

April 17th, 2015, 02:29
Well that teaser trailer is at least more interesting than the Batman vs Superman one (or is it Superman vs Batman).

I do like the look, but I really don't know what to expect out of the movie outside of geriatric old cast. The tiny teaser I saw of the new Star Wars Battlefront game at the end looked awesome though.

azarhal

SasqWatch

April 17th, 2015, 03:11
Why is that black storm trooper always breathing so hard? I think I've seen him in 3 different scenes panting and sweating. I think he needs medical attention.

Korplem

Shipwreck

April 17th, 2015, 04:48
I don't know how the movie will turn out (and JJ Abrams is behind it doesn't help) but this trailer nails perfectly the Star Wars "feel".

Luckra

Watcher

April 17th, 2015, 04:56
I think it should be renamed "The Force Ages" Hamil should be shown with a walker and an oxygen mask…

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

April 17th, 2015, 05:44
The last decent movie in this franchise came out in 1980, so if it is anything like Empire, it should be good. If, however, it is anything like the last four movies, I doubt I'll care for it. Abrahms did a great job with the first Star Trek movie that he helmed, totally trashed the franchise in the second, so I honestly have no clue how this will end up.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

April 17th, 2015, 10:07
Well, I heard this is based on the original scripts….. anyone know if that is true ?

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

April 17th, 2015, 10:55
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
The last decent movie in this franchise came out in 1980, so if it is anything like Empire, it should be good. If, however, it is anything like the last four movies, I doubt I'll care for it. Abrahms did a great job with the first Star Trek movie that he helmed, totally trashed the franchise in the second, so I honestly have no clue how this will end up.
Actually it's not true that Empire was the last, these two kick arse too:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087225/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089110/

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

April 17th, 2015, 11:45
Please, please be good and not "disney-ized". Pretty please?

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

April 17th, 2015, 14:00
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Well, I heard this is based on the original scripts….. anyone know if that is true ?
The script is written by JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan (co-writer for Empire Strike Back and Return of the Jedi). They rewrote the initial script by Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3, Brave, Oblivion and Hunger Game Catching Fire).

Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
Please, please be good and not "disney-ized". Pretty please?
Have you watched any of their real-life movies in the last 15 years? The list is composed of dark fantasy adaptation of classic Disney, action/adventures with anti-hero as main characters and dramas (mostly biographies and novel adaptations).

I'll be a lot more scared that the movie main character is a clone of Darth Vader looking for vengeance at this point personally.

azarhal

SasqWatch

April 17th, 2015, 14:12
I enjoyed Return of the Jedi until the ewoks appeared. The beginning when they rescued Han Solo was pretty cool.

"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

April 17th, 2015, 17:19
So anyone want to debate if the new Sith "bad guy" is a fan of Revan? Because he seems at least to be a fan of his clothing style.

Note: the mask is actually not that similar.

azarhal

SasqWatch

April 17th, 2015, 17:56
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
This is wrong on so many levels that I do not Know where to begin. Into Darkness was a Star Trek movie that aknowledged its legacy. The first reboot movie was good but nothing trek. Abrahams is a talented guy who still gets better. The good thing regarding Star Wars is that Lawrence Kasdan is in again. He will make the sequel trilogy work.

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
"Where STEAM fails, the PHOENIX rises"

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker

April 17th, 2015, 18:46
Into Darkness flat out sucked. To think or believe otherwise is simply beyond my comprehension, especially if the person in question has any knowledge of the Wrath of Khan movie. It is simply best forgotten, although I suppose some people are grateful that Darkness stole the sucky award away from Nemesis.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

April 17th, 2015, 19:37
The Battlefront game just released an in-engine video. I almost found it very hard to believe that was rendered in real-time. It looked amazing. Especially the lighting is just beautiful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

April 17th, 2015, 20:00
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
The Battlefront game just released an in-engine video. I almost found it very hard to believe that was rendered in real-time. It looked amazing. Especially the lighting is just beautiful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8
I have to assume that's a cinematic sequence that was made with the game engine. "in-engine" doesn't mean it's being rendered in real time. I suspect that's a clever way of trying to make people think the entire game is going to look like that.

There's no way the actual gameplay looks like that on a PS4.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 17th, 2015, 20:01
Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus View Post
This is wrong on so many levels that I do not Know where to begin. Into Darkness was a Star Trek movie that aknowledged its legacy. The first reboot movie was good but nothing trek. Abrahams is a talented guy who still gets better. The good thing regarding Star Wars is that Lawrence Kasdan is in again. He will make the sequel trilogy work.
I wouldn't say Into Darkness sucked, but my biggest problem with the Abrahams star treks is that he makes it seem like the Federation has about 10 spaceships total and most of them get blown up in the beginning of any real action. The Federation is HUGE. Star Fleet is HUGE. He's massively compacted the universe. I still enjoyed both of them, but I didn't like that aspect.

I'm really looking forward to the new Star Wars. Best case scenario, we get another ESB type movie. Worst case scenario, we get a fun popcorn movie. Either way, I will be entertained and I think it will be better than at least TPM or AOC.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » New trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.