Quantcast
The Dark Eye PnP Kickstarter - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Dark Eye PnP Kickstarter

Default The Dark Eye PnP Kickstarter

May 11th, 2016, 08:56
If anyone's interested: There's a Kickstarter for The Dark Eye PnP English edition. It's already funded but if you want to grab the rules you can get them for $20 (digital) or $50 (physical).
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: FIFA 16

Morrandir

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 17th, 2016, 20:30
TDE has become too much like generic high fantasy for my tastes. I don't see a viable reason now to prefer TDE over D&D.
--
Originally Posted by sakichop
So basically what people want is a game where you can play many different races having violent sex with up to 3 friends while yelling obscenities.

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

May 18th, 2016, 20:54
Well, I always found it horrible that hardcore pen&paper role-players in the forums seriously said to Newbies ( ! ) : "You need this 'Wege' book … and this … and this … and this …" with each costing 30-40 Euros …

I never liked the huge grade of complexity of TDE 4.x , when it came down to calculate things. An employee of an RPG shop recently told me a story of a wizard player wanting to summon undead ones for help for the party … she literally said that as long he and the GM were looking into several ( ! ) books (because the rules are so much spread), the rest of the group were making pizzas …

TDE 5 is in my opinion so much more easier for Newbies. Even my own GM likes it now ( although he had planned to never planned to use the 5th edition ).

What's now going on is some kind of TDE 4.x hardcore lovers
vs.
TDE 5 Newbies and other players loving 5th edition for its more simple approach.
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

May 18th, 2016, 22:15
I think that's supposed to be an English-language video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk1hiPp2nlI
I can't watch it, because I don't want google anymore.

This is called "Russian TDE5 quick start rules" (roughly translated by me) in the download section of the official German-language Ulisses web site : http://www.ulisses-spiele.de/downloa…U_PbP_4aba.pdf
(Ulisses is still the license holder for pen & paper TDE.)
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; May 18th, 2016 at 22:26.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Dark Eye PnP Kickstarter