|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Default What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

May 26th, 2014, 00:29
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Actually the first Transformers movie was amazing, the one that came out in 1986 obviously.
Ah yes, that was the movie that gave us this gem. Who could forget that?

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 26th, 2014, 00:39
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Ah yes, that was the movie that gave us this gem. Who could forget that?
Yep, my son downloaded that song after I watched the movie with him. He loves it.

Not sure what it says about me but I still get a bit pumped up when I hear it. Kind of like when I hear eye of the tiger from Rocky or watch Hulk Hogan slam Andre the giant.

sakichop

SasqWatch

May 26th, 2014, 01:21
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Hehe, that sucks!

I seem to remember having a few Transformers toys. A truck or something, but it's been a while.

I was more into Star Wars, ET, and Lego as a kid. Oh, and Action Man
I enjoyed Star Wars and what kid didn't like Lego's? Had to look up Action Man though.

Transformers was my big one, followed by giant robot, ultraman, He-man and Voltron.

Sorry, I'm drowning in a bit of nostalgia.

sakichop

SasqWatch

May 26th, 2014, 10:21
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
I enjoyed Star Wars and what kid didn't like Lego's? Had to look up Action Man though.

Transformers was my big one, followed by giant robot, ultraman, He-man and Voltron.

Sorry, I'm drowning in a bit of nostalgia.
Hehe… Now you've got me started… I also loved me some Playmobil. Not sure if that's a US or EU thing, though

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

May 26th, 2014, 18:48
EU! Playmobil is German.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Meet my wonderful MX.
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 26th, 2014, 19:50
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Hehe… Now you've got me started… I also loved me some Playmobil. Not sure if that's a US or EU thing, though
Not sure if they were around here when I was a kid but I bought quite a bit of playmobil for my kids when they were younger.

sakichop

SasqWatch

May 30th, 2014, 05:44
I know I had a good bit of Playmobile as a youngster (say mid-70's), but is that the same stuff? I think that stuff was shipped under the Fisher Price label, but it seemed like every toy in the world was Fisher Price back then.

Of course, as a budding engineer, I started with Lincoln Logs, moved to Tinker Toys and Girder-n-Panel, had most of the Lego sets worth having (all the original Technic sets, too), and even weasel'd permission to mess with my dad's Erector Set.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

May 31st, 2014, 00:27
Playmobil ? I played with that when I was young, too !

Watched "Muppets From Space" on DVD today. Mediocre film, not worth buying unless you are a real Muppts fan, imho.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

June 2nd, 2014, 09:20
I saw A Million Ways to Die in the West last night. Not terribly funny and much too long for a comedy, although it does have its moments. It also has some very surprising and well done cameos.

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 12th, 2014, 11:07
I'm still having some insomnia so I decided to watch something I recorded a while back : Pacific Rim ! Guillermo del Toro never disappointed me so despite not being a big fan of Anime and big robots (well, I was a huge fan of the Mechwarrior series though !) I'm not that much surprised I kind of appreciated the movie. Mainly because of the director's work and the stunning visual effects ; the script, as anticipated, was fairly weak IMHO. The main actress, Rinko Kikuchi was a big plus too and I'll look for some of her other appearance, in case she can be seen and appreciated elsewhere (and she surely can as I checked afterwards) ? This movie has been a fair surprise as I wasn't expecting much from it (in fact I expected it would help me fall asleep…) but spent a good moment overall. Warmly recommended to the Gundam addicts who for whatever reason haven't watched it yet.

Gloo

SasqWatch

June 12th, 2014, 22:18
Did not like pacific rim. Can not stand mechwarrior stuff (I always think of the power rangers )

I just saw skyline and liked it a lot. Different alien invasion movie, nice alien designs + an ending leaving you with wanting more (though the loose ending can be a turnoff for some people)

Edit: and then I saw the 4.4 on imdb, oh well

ilm

Sentinel

June 12th, 2014, 22:49
Originally Posted by ilm View Post
Edit: and then I saw the 4.4 on imdb, oh well
Don't worry about that, I have a friend that watches movies only if they scored less than 5 on imdb.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

June 21st, 2014, 20:21
Google play movies opens up to 21 more countries:
http://thenextweb.com/google/2014/06…-and-thailand/

If you couldn't enjoy this service, maybe now you can. Check if your country is listed here:
http://thenextweb.com/google/2014/06…-and-thailand/

Don't expect some hot entries though (Snowpiercer is not added yet for example). Also, it doesn't offer series spin offs or movie specials (for example you can watch there only How to Train Your Dragon the movie, but not other stuff that came out afterwards).

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

June 22nd, 2014, 11:24
House of cards seems pretty good. Spacey is awesome as always.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

July 5th, 2014, 23:29
Just came back from Edge of Tomorrow. I liked it. The ending seems a bit of a cop-out. I've read certain theories about the ending, that try to explain why it wasn't a cop-out, but I think I would've liked it better if they didn't end it as it was.

Spoiler

Note: And damn, Tom Cruise is 52. He's really taking care of himself. I'm sure he's full of makeup and all. But damn, he looks great for his age.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

July 5th, 2014, 23:43
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Note: And damn, Tom Cruise is 52. He's really taking care of himself. I'm sure he's full of makeup and all. But damn, he looks great for his age.
Botox.

Forget him, have you seen May in Marvel Agents of Shield? She is 50 and still looks fantastic without any modern treatment crap.
www.imdb.com/name/nm0001840

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

July 6th, 2014, 04:13
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Botox.

Forget him, have you seen May in Marvel Agents of Shield? She is 50 and still looks fantastic without any modern treatment crap.
www.imdb.com/name/nm0001840
Does Asians even count? Have a friend who's got a chinese wife, she's 40, doesnt look a day over 18. For women i guess it helps if they havent had like 5 kids too..

Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
House of cards seems pretty good. Spacey is awesome as always.

House of Cards is fantastic. Can't wait for S3..

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…

vurt

Serial Modderer

July 28th, 2014, 11:50
The trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road. It looks better than what I was expecting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw

JDR13

SasqWatch

July 29th, 2014, 21:04
The Last of Us: One Night Live

A live performance of the actors of the The Last of Us, doing select scenes from the game. Pretty cool. Definitely getting hyped to replay it on PS4. And spoilers aplenty. Don't watch unless you already played it. Or never plan to. But then, why would you spoil it for yourself?

Also, seems they're already working on the movie adaptation of the game. Hope it turns out good, even though, historically speaking, odds are against them. But, them having the creative director, Neil Druckmann, behind increases the odds. Seeing him talk, during different interviews, about decisions they took with the game really gives me hope.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread