|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lichdom: Battlemage - Steam Early Access

Default Lichdom: Battlemage - Steam Early Access

March 18th, 2014, 07:58
Xaviant announces their game is now called Lichdom: Battlemage, and that it will be available on Steam Early Access March 19th. Here are the details on Steam.

Now Available on Steam Early Access - Lichdom: Battlemage

Lichdom: Battlemage is a first-person caster that gives the Mage the spotlight in a way never before seen in games. With limitless magical power at your disposal and brutal enemies around every corner, victory hinges on a combination of skill and strategy. You must carefully craft a vast array of spells and learn to cast them in the heat of combat.

You are your spells! The Lichdom: Battlemage spell crafting system offers an enormous range of customization. Every Mage is the product of of crafted magic that reflects the individual's play style. Whether you prefer to target your foes from a safe distance, wade into combat and unleash your power at point-blank range, or pit your enemies against each other, endless spell customization lets you become the Mage you want to be.
More information.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 18th, 2014, 07:58
I forgot to include The Developer Q&A. So here it is for anyone interested.

Spoiler – Q&A

While I'm not a huge fan of Early Access I understand why developers use it.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; March 18th, 2014 at 08:17.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 18th, 2014, 08:26
Hmm, I used to enjoy Heretic/Hexen very much back in the day (I recall playing it while blasting My Dying Bride and Moonspell from the stereo, for hours on end ).

One of the few shooters I've actually enjoyed in my life (Along with Realms of the haunting and Clive Barker's Undying)

I wonder if this kind of game still appeals to me enough to dig in at this point… (Also, not made out of time these days and there are boatloads of, hopefully, quality RPGs coming in the near future, hopefully ) 19.99$ seems as much as I would be willing to give for it (Tops)… Or I can wait for a far distant sale…

Hmmm…

JonNik

SasqWatch

March 18th, 2014, 13:46
Um…
What's the difference between FPS and FPC exactly? I can't see it!

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

March 18th, 2014, 15:01
Originally Posted by JonNik View Post
19.99$ seems as much as I would be willing to give for it (Tops)… Or I can wait for a far distant sale…
I think it's a good price, and this is the first Early Access that I'm going to purchase. The release price will apparently be $40 which makes this a deal for anyone who's interested.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 18th, 2014, 17:43
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Um…
What's the difference between FPS and FPC exactly? I can't see it!
there is no aiming in this game.. just point in general direction

apparently its more about choosing and timing different spells

space captain

Watcher

March 19th, 2014, 02:05
They've got a video. Mage powah!! Looks like a lot more action than story so early access shouldn't spoil too much.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

March 19th, 2014, 04:42
The more I see of this game it looks more like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Not necessarily a bad thing , and I shall keep an eye on this one.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lichdom: Battlemage - Steam Early Access