Van Helsing II - Preview @ Gaming Trend

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gaming Trend had the chance to play an early build of The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II, and shared their opinion in a new Hands-on preview.

As you can see, Van Helsing is charged with pushing back undead creatures that have burst forth from Ink Gates and nearby generators. General Harker has deployed mortars that drop enemies directly inside your defenses. Enlisting help from the citizenry, we see some of the new non-linear functions in the game where players are asked to make tactical decisions and tackle side missions to bolster their chances of successfully defending the town. You can also see that you will have significantly more skills at your disposal to do so. Pushing the number from roughly 35 to over 200, Van Helsing II’s skill tree enables a staggering level of character customization. Even Katarina, your corporeal companion has tripled the number of skills available to her. Throw in nearly quadruple the number of power-ups that you can attach to those skills and you can see that Neocore isn’t just throwing us a new story.
More information.

call me a sucker, but marketing won me and I preordered.

I found the original great attention to detail impressive, and when they posted non linear deeper story.. well I just had to give them some money for the intention at least ))

I;ll probably preorder in a month; I have mixed feelings; I enjoyed the first game - I hate the DLC crap that followed the first game (which I did pre-order). Quite frankly I think they should give DLC free to folks who pre-order ;)

or you stop buying the DLCs ))

I dont usually take them, unless I really want to give them more money.

I can't remember a good DLC..

Back
Top Bottom