|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Van Helsing II - Preview @ Gaming Trend

Default Van Helsing II - Preview @ Gaming Trend

March 12th, 2014, 12:14
Gaming Trend had the chance to play an early build of The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II, and shared their opinion in a new Hands-on preview.

As you can see, Van Helsing is charged with pushing back undead creatures that have burst forth from Ink Gates and nearby generators. General Harker has deployed mortars that drop enemies directly inside your defenses. Enlisting help from the citizenry, we see some of the new non-linear functions in the game where players are asked to make tactical decisions and tackle side missions to bolster their chances of successfully defending the town. You can also see that you will have significantly more skills at your disposal to do so. Pushing the number from roughly 35 to over 200, Van Helsing IIís skill tree enables a staggering level of character customization. Even Katarina, your corporeal companion has tripled the number of skills available to her. Throw in nearly quadruple the number of power-ups that you can attach to those skills and you can see that Neocore isnít just throwing us a new story.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 12th, 2014, 12:14
call me a sucker, but marketing won me and I preordered.

I found the original great attention to detail impressive, and when they posted non linear deeper story.. well I just had to give them some money for the intention at least ))

borcanu

muist

March 12th, 2014, 13:36
I;ll probably preorder in a month; I have mixed feelings; I enjoyed the first game - I hate the DLC crap that followed the first game (which I did pre-order). Quite frankly I think they should give DLC free to folks who pre-order

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

March 12th, 2014, 13:42
or you stop buying the DLCs ))

I dont usually take them, unless I really want to give them more money.

I can't remember a good DLC..

borcanu

muist

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Van Helsing II - Preview @ Gaming Trend