|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Red Solstice - Kickstarter Campaign Launched

Default The Red Solstice - Kickstarter Campaign Launched

March 21st, 2014, 13:30
Ironward Studios has send out a press release in which they announce the start of the Kickstarter for their game in development The Red Solstice, cooperative multiplayer strategy/RPG game for which they are asking $50.000. This is needed to polish the game from its alpha status up to the release version and add more content.

Ironward Launches Kickstarter campaign for
The Red Solstice

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - March 21st 2014, Warsaw, Poland

The Croatian indie development studio Ironward is launching its first crowd-funding project, titled The Red Solstice. It is a science-fiction based cooperative multiplayer strategy/RPG game, inspired by such classics as StarCraft and Dawn of War that is now available for media preview.

Check the Kickstarter campaign right away: The Red Solstice Kickstarter campaign.

In the year 2060 the Earth was ravaged by a virus pandemic of a magnitude greater than the Bubonic plague. The virus spread quickly, those who were infected became something less human, willing carriers of the modern-day plague. Government action came too late, and as the chaos escalated corporate agencies rushed space programs in a desperate bid to evacuate the planet, since a cure could not be found. The fledgling colonies of Mars became humanity's last bastion, and since no traces of the virus was found among the lucky few who boarded the space vessels bound for the Red Planet, it was believed the danger had been averted.

It is now the year 117 AE (After Earth) terraforming is well under way, however during an exceptionally violent storm dubbed The Red Solstice, communication lines between Tharsis, the colony referred to as The Capital and the remaining human settlements of Mars are disrupted. The Elysium Corporation deploys its elite marine task force to investigate what happened to the colony.

In The Red Solstice you control one of eight space marines trying to find out what happened to human colonies on Mars during that storm. The mix of a dark and gritty science fiction setting and addictive, adrenaline-filled gameplay - based on both advanced tactics and quick decisions - forges the game's unforgettable atmosphere and creates a great gameplay experience.

Game main features:

• 8 player co-op multiplayer
  • Adrenaline filled and quick tactics focused gameplay
  • 8 different classes to chose from: Assault, Heavy Support, Recon, Marksman, Demolition, Terminator, Hellfire and Medic
  • Experience based character development system
  • High replayability
  • Dark and gritty survival sci-fi story and setting
  • Unending waves of monsters during ~1 hour gaming sessions
  • Challenging Boss Fights
The Red Solstice is played in roughly hour-long gameplay sessions, during which players need to scavenge for supplies, find and fortify their base and then defend it from an almost infinite number of monsters to finally evacuate survivors. An experience-based character development system and the ability to upgrade your space marines' equipment during a battle is another fundamental part of the gameplay.

"It is the type of game that we always wanted to make", - says Ironward founder Hrvoje Horvatek. "The Red Solstice combines the unique, gritty setting of well-known sci-fi movies with action-filled cooperative gameplay based on quick thinking and smart use of advanced tactics. It is a game you can jump in right away but master completely only after dozens or even hundreds of hours spent with your friends on addictive gameplay."

With most of the development having been financed by the studio itself, the Kickstarter campaign for The Red Solstice is the final stepping stone needed to finish the game. Developers are seeking for only $50,000 in funding to be able to polish the game from its alpha status up to the release version and add more content. The studio has ambitions to add an epic single player campaign, support for Mac, Linux and iOS plus more gameplay modes and huge boss monsters - in case the campaign attracts enough backers to exceed the set amount. The game is planned to be released in August 2014.

Gamers can download the free demo using this link: The Red Solstice Demo and find out more about the game on the official website: www.theredsolstice.com
More information.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 21st, 2014, 13:30
So another Co-op online kickstarter game. I'm sorry to say I'm not interested, and I won't be backing this project. Some of our other members might though.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls." - Couchpotato

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 21st, 2014, 13:35
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
So another Co-op online kickstarter game. I'm sorry to say I'm not interested, and I won't be backing this project. Some of our other members might though.
Same here, only interested in SP

gandalf.nho

Huntress

March 21st, 2014, 14:16
Actually, an epic singleplayer campaing is definelty on cards as one of the stretchgoals if guys manage to gather enough money.

With the setting they have, it might be really interesting.

damirko

Traveler

March 21st, 2014, 14:57
Originally Posted by damirko View Post
Actually, an epic singleplayer campaing is definelty on cards as one of the stretchgoals if guys manage to gather enough money.

That sort of thing kind of makes me leery though… I mean, I guess it all depends on how much money they're allocating for a single-player campaign but from the looks of
making it a stretch goal makes me think it will be something of an afterthought, with multi-player still being the primary focus…

And looking at the Kickstarter page, it appears to be Steam-exclusive. No thanks.

daveyd

Sentinel

March 21st, 2014, 15:10
Looks like a Blizzard RTS.

mercy

Sentinel

March 21st, 2014, 16:19
Originally Posted by damirko View Post

I'd never kickstart any game where a single player campaign is a stretch goal. I have to be happy with the concept for the nonstretch goal game, for a game to get my pledge.

forgottenlor

SasqWatch

March 21st, 2014, 16:52
Originally Posted by forgottenlor View Post
I'd never kickstart any game where a single player campaign is a stretch goal. I have to be happy with the concept for the nonstretch goal game, for a game to get my pledge.
Same here

gandalf.nho

Huntress

March 21st, 2014, 16:53
Totally agree with wanting SP games, this is of no interest to me, or my wallet.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

March 21st, 2014, 22:17
Well, cooooll… oh, it's multiplayer. *sigh*

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Red Solstice - Kickstarter Campaign Launched