|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Nuclear Union - Development Halted & Renamed

Default Nuclear Union - Development Halted & Renamed

March 29th, 2014, 16:46
I mentioned in the forums earlier this month that Nuclear Union might be suspended, or canceled, Thanks to Joxer we now have confirmation from a site called Red-Buzz.

It seems developement has been suspended due to 1C-Softclub pulling the plug. All is not lost though as the developer Best Way is looking for a new publisher.

Iíve just finished recording How Games Are Made podcast with Dmitry Morozov, founder of Best Way company, game designer of Men of War series. It will go live in next couple of days, but itís in Russian, so Iíll share some details with you here.

Much discussed Nuclear Union from Best Way was closed half a year ago right after Gamescom 2013. 1C-Softclub decided to focus on distribution instead of publishing and scraped it. Itís a pity, because Nuclear Union was actually 1Cís idea Ė they wanted to publish a Russian Fallout, every post-Soviet developerís elusive dream.

Best Way owns assets and engine, but not the script, so they are remaking the project now. It will change title and story, but not the genre or setting. Best Way is looking for partners to finish a post-Nuclear Union (thatís my name for the game, not official one).
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 29th, 2014, 16:46
Crap, I was looking forward to this game. It's right in my wheel-house. Hope they get it done and published with all the changes.

Zephyr

Sentinel

March 29th, 2014, 18:03
Interesting, I always felt the last game's story and write-ups felt a bit uncomfortably propaganda-like. I wonder if they will go in a similar direction with the new story.

Twitter: @TravisAC85

GuybrushWilco

Pirate Janitor

March 29th, 2014, 22:17
I was looking forward to it. I hope they get to finish it and keep quality. But Post-Nuclear Union would be utterly perfect name, under the circumstances

Paul

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Nuclear Union - Development Halted & Renamed