|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch - Serpent in the Staglands Q&A

Default RPGWatch - Serpent in the Staglands Q&A

April 1st, 2014, 10:28
Serpent in the Staglands is a new kickstarter RPG from a small Indie developer called Whalenought Studios. The studio is mostly known for releasing a few mobile RPGs.

They described the game as the following.
An isometric, RTWP, party-based CRPG set in the icy Staglands, where a trapped god and chosen company embark on a perilous quest.
The goal of the project was $10,000 and the game has already been funded in just four days. The next step is to get more money to expand the game, and add more areas.

You can check out the stretch goals in the following image.

I decided to get in contact with the developer. So here is a little chat where I asked a few questions by email. I hope you enjoy reading it, and decide to back the game.

More information.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

April 1st, 2014, 10:28
Despite being a bit skeptical about a 2 person outfit with a mobile game background pulling something that would do a Baldur's Gate and Darklands (fond memories from that one) legacy justice I decided to chip in in the early adopter tier.

Wish them luck. And congrats on getting funded in no time too!

P.S Thanks for the Q&A Couch.

JonNik

SasqWatch

April 1st, 2014, 14:40
Nice interview Couch.
It's pretty easy to glance over the news bit and not realize that it's an RPGWatch interview since there are a bunch of other links and content. That coupled with the interview being the fourth link in the news bit makes it a bit hard to find. Just a thought…

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch

April 1st, 2014, 18:54
Nice interview. Their top 5 RPGs are pretty good choices so at least the developers know a good RPG when they play one. I remain cautiously optimistic about this game being great with the same reservations as JonNik, so I have also backed at the early bird tier.

I may pick up their previous game Isle of Bxnes on my Android tablet soong. If so I'll let you guys know how it is.

daveyd

Sentinel

Default Isle of Bxnes

April 1st, 2014, 20:32
daveyd - I would recommend Isle of Bxnes. It is pretty cool and more in depth than it looks on the surface. I was pleasantly surprised when I bought that game. These two have a good chemistry going on. My bet is that Serpent will be awesome++.

Pyrocleptic

Traveler

April 3rd, 2014, 17:03
this is right up my alley, but i will wait until its actually released and pay a higher price.

cptbarkey

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch - Serpent in the Staglands Q&A