|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Mandate - The Captain's Holomap

Default The Mandate - The Captain's Holomap

April 3rd, 2014, 16:59
Eurogamer made a developer diary video available of The Mandate showing how to plan your combat using the Captain's Holomap.

The developer of science-fiction role-playing game The Mandate has released a new video showing how you plan space combat.

You can interact with your crew for quests and story, fight space battles, storm enemy ships and explore a galaxy "that reacts to your choices". The Mandate has been compared to BioWare's Mass Effect series.

More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 3rd, 2014, 16:59
Very impressive and well done. The transition between the map and actual space is very well made.

Look forward to playing this 'mount and blade' in space, and glad I backed it.

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

April 3rd, 2014, 17:49
Whoever compared it to Mass Effect is a dork.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

April 3rd, 2014, 17:57
I am really starting to look forward to this. Look interesting.

grimwold

Traveler

April 3rd, 2014, 18:05
It reminds me a bit of homeworld but better due to the map feature. Naturally this is more rpg than rts but the map feature looked reallyneat and well thought out…

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

April 4th, 2014, 07:46
I think I'll be glad I backed this one.

Speaking of Mount & Blade, I just saw they have a complete port of Warband available for very select Android devices. It seems a gamepad is required at the moment, but I found a post by one of the devs that made it sound like they were working on touch controls and planned to release it on more tablets. I finally broke down and got a tablet, and I would very much like to play Warband on it.

In other Android news discovered while messing around with my new tablet, I Googled my way across a tweet from Trent Oster just today, saying his guy is currently moving the beta of Baldur's Gate:EE to Google Play.

I would also like to play Baldur's Gate, both of them, on my new tablet. Sorry to derail the thread.
Last edited by Capt. Huggy Face; April 4th, 2014 at 08:10. Reason: added a link for post from M&B dev

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Mandate - The Captain's Holomap