Dragon Age PAX East 2014 Panel

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I was going to post this on the front page but decided agaisnt it. If your interested in watching a low quality video then read on.

One of the attendees managed to film part of Bioware's PAX East 2014 panel, and it contains some information on Dragon Age Inquisition.

From left to right: Andrew Farrell, Senior Artist; Dean Roskell, Senior Level Designer; Mike Laidlaw, Creative Director; Jason Barlow, Development Manager; Jessica Merizan, Community and New Media Manager.

These are clips from the Discover the Dragon Age Panel + Q&A that I attended during PAX East 2014, on Friday morning, April 11.

Unfortunately, I didn't make sure my camera was fully-charged before leaving, and so I had to rely on my phone, and I didn't have much memory available on that. So, here this is.

I can't bring myself into watching it so…

Is it again an example of Bioware's biggotry?
Y'know, yelling all over the place "we're gayfriendly good guys" and hiding "we milk your tits and balls".

I can't say what I feel about their business model on their forum as I'd be instabanned.
They continue to talk about everything except about their joining the club of making DLC:The Game travesty. Thus I still can't decide if I'll buy their new game.

LadyInsanity took notes for all of DA related BioWare panels at the Biobase.

Discover The Dragon Age and The Open World of Thedas are probably the most interesting. Although, there isn't that much new info, they did say that there were not doing anything special for PAX East.

Pity the fellow's phone ran out - and at such an interesting moment. ;) (Some discussion and comparison to Baldur's Gate)

One point of interest which was mentioned hearkens back to a major weakness I felt was present in Dragon Age Origins:
There was a limited type of collision detection implemented making tactics at doorways and other narrow entrances impossible. This would mean enemies would often walk right past strategically placed blocked entrances, disabling a perfectly valid tactic.
Hopefully they will follow up and truly deliver on it!

There was a limited type of collision detection implemented making tactics at doorways and other narrow entrances impossible. This would mean enemies would often walk right past strategically placed blocked entrances, disabling a perfectly valid tactic.
Actually that's something that made the game more interesting.
Do not change it!

Uh, by what logic does tactical negating nonsense like that make the game more interesting? More randomness? Tactical Chaos? Perhaps you'd prefer the game to behave like a real-time diablo clone?

This kind of tactic was possible in Baldur's Gate and indeed goes all the way back to the Goldbox Games. For the "spiritual successor" to not have that capability is a detraction to say the least.

The more emphasis upon tactical choices for the player, the better and so I really don't understand the sentiment from both a role-playing and tactical perspective.

P.S: Instead of spouting ignorance, perhaps you should try actually watching and listening next time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom