|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Final Fantasy III - Possible PC Release

Default Final Fantasy III - Possible PC Release

April 19th, 2014, 07:26
Siliconera has information that Square Enix might release Final Fantasy III on the PC. So what do you guys think about this?

Before the Nintendo DS remake, Final Fantasy III was the least accessible game in the series since it was only available for Famicom in Japan. Now Luneth, the silvered haired Final Fantasy III protagonist is everywhere. Square Enix brought Final Fantasy III to DS, iOS (pictured), Android, PSP, and Ouya. Next, Final Fantasy III is coming to PC. A rating by Germany’s USK board leaked the news
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 19th, 2014, 07:26
The classic FF games are usually the better ones so I'm up for it

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

April 19th, 2014, 07:32
Originally Posted by Dr. A View Post
The classic FF games are usually the better ones so I'm up for it
Me to I used tow own the original cartridge versions but I sold my collection for cash. Though I still have the PlayStation remastered version from the late 1990's.

I sometimes use an emulator to replay them.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 19th, 2014, 08:14
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Me to I used tow own the original cartridge versions but I sold my collection for cash. Though I still have the PlayStation remastered version from the late 1990's.
There is no Playstation version of FF III. They remastered FF I&II for the PS1 and then ported IV, V, and VI to it.

Of the first 10 FF games, FF III is the only one I never played.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 19th, 2014, 08:18
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
There is no Playstation version of FF III. They remastered FF I&II for the PS1 and then ported IV, V, and VI to it.
Ah yes I forgot about the weird naming scheme.

Thanks for the reminder this would be the NDS versions then. It says that in the news-bit. I remember playing both III & IV a few years back when I owned one.

Unfortunately I mostly game on the PC now so they are gone from my collection also.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; April 19th, 2014 at 08:45.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 19th, 2014, 13:00
Thank God for emulators!

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

April 20th, 2014, 00:36
Nice, I've not played a FF in years, used to love em though.

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

May 14th, 2014, 19:13
Oh man. This would be so awesome. Let's hope for MAC too!

OrcKrusher

Traveler

May 15th, 2014, 23:17
These types of games need to be redone. They're still awesome but their graphics are just painful to look at. Case in hand, I'm playing Chrono Cross in my PS3 (PS1 classic), and loving the gameplay and story, but boy are those blocky characters hard to see in a 60" screen!

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

May 16th, 2014, 02:28
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
I'm playing Chrono Cross in my PS3 (PS1 classic), and loving the gameplay and story, but boy are those blocky characters hard to see in a 60" screen!
Yeah, most PS1 games look terrible when played with a PS3 on a newer TV. That's why I just use an emulator to run them on my PC.

I could never get into Chrono Cross though despite being a big fan of Chrono Trigger.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 16th, 2014, 02:51
Chrono Cross isn't the sequel I was hoping for but it's still a fantastic RPG. Very nice soundtrack and I like how there are a large amount of characters to recruit.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

May 16th, 2014, 03:57
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Chrono Cross isn't the sequel I was hoping for but it's still a fantastic RPG. Very nice soundtrack and I like how there are a large amount of characters to recruit.
The soundtrack was the only thing that stood out to me. I don't like the combat system, and most of the characters are too bizarre for my taste.

I'm not sure how many of the same devs worked on both titles, but CC feels like it was made by a completely different team of people.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 16th, 2014, 04:34
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'm not sure how many of the same devs worked on both titles, but CC feels like it was made by a completely different team of people.
Absolutely. The connection with Chrono Trigger was not very strong at all. That was my biggest disappointment with the game.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

May 16th, 2014, 13:58
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Absolutely. The connection with Chrono Trigger was not very strong at all. That was my biggest disappointment with the game.
Well that doesn't affect me in the least, as I don't remember much from Chrono Trigger (except that there was a character that was a toad and that I had to go to different time periods).

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

May 16th, 2014, 17:29
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
Well that doesn't affect me in the least, as I don't remember much from Chrono Trigger (except that there was a character that was a toad and that I had to go to different time periods).
Chrono Cross is still a very good game, so I shouldn't say I was disappointed really, but I was hoping that it had more to do with Chrono Trigger than it ultimately did (I'm a big CT fan. Still waiting for a true sequel to that game.)

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Final Fantasy III - Possible PC Release