|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls V: Skywind - Development Video

Default Elder Scrolls V: Skywind - Development Video

April 19th, 2014, 10:50
The developers of the Morrowind mod Skywind have released their second Development Video to show the progress of the ambitious mod.

loading…

The second episode of Skywind's Developer Diary series. Take an inside look into our most recent progress for the project and learn how YOU can help. For more information about the project, visit us at http://tesrenewal.com/
More information.

Couchpotato

The Super Potato
RPGWatch Team

April 19th, 2014, 10:50
A bit weird having all these projects remaking Morrowind on different engines. I sort of feel that all that RPG development expertise could be put to better use. I suppose it does illustrate that the really hard thing to do well is the world design, story, lore etc. rather than the technology, not that that is trivial either.

Roq

Seeker

April 19th, 2014, 14:05
Originally Posted by Roq View Post
A bit weird having all these projects remaking Morrowind on different engines. I sort of feel that all that RPG development expertise could be put to better use. I suppose it does illustrate that the really hard thing to do well is the world design, story, lore etc. rather than the technology, not that that is trivial either.
I'm not too fond of voice-acting myself, but these modmakers already getting some experience rewriting and recording dialog is certain to be of value if they were to make a career out of game development.

After all these years I'm still waiting on someone to port the Morrowind dialog system to Oblivion and Skyrim but alas… it seems only I am interested in a wiki-style dialog system instead of the limits of full VO.

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel

April 19th, 2014, 14:08
Apparently there is mod called Protocolled Dialog for Oblivion that comes close… still waiting for Skyrim though.

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel

April 19th, 2014, 14:46
Originally Posted by JuliusMagnus View Post
I'm not too fond of voice-acting myself, but these modmakers already getting some experience rewriting and recording dialog is certain to be of value if they were to make a career out of game development.

After all these years I'm still waiting on someone to port the Morrowind dialog system to Oblivion and Skyrim but alas… it seems only I am interested in a wiki-style dialog system instead of the limits of full VO.
You're not alone. I prefer no VO for the same reason as you. And for two other reasons: 1) Sometimes subtexts are missing which can be a problem when English is not your (my) primary language, and 2) when they're present I usually click to get to the next line anyway, before they've finished talking (and sometimes even that isn't possible).

But I think the dialog system of Morrowind suffered to some degree from indiscriminately including too many items in the list of subjects, many of them completely relevant.

pibbur who fondly remembers the NAME-JOB-BYE era. And who only wrote this, didn't say it aloud.

d++a59e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

pibbur who

Number 13

April 20th, 2014, 03:43
The amount of modding effort that is going into Skyrim and the engine is quite impressive. The NexusMods site is just overflowing with Skyrim mods alone: over 33,000 files.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

April 20th, 2014, 04:00
Yeah Skyrim's real success is the modding community, not the game itself. I presume Skywind is years away from final release + a couple patches but I really do want to play it and am excited for it!

Daroou

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls V: Skywind - Development Video