|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » New BloodRayne game!

Default New BloodRayne game!

April 20th, 2014, 03:55
I'm really excited, because Arcsystem Works (Guilty Gear, BlazeBlue, Persona 4 Arena) is developing it!
http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/brcs/

It will be a Fighting game? Sidescroller Metroidvania? Or are they doing a true 3D sequel?

Fighting games are what they do best, 2D superb HD graphics and animations.
Then, for platformers, we have their excellent Hard Corps: Uprising (a Contra game).
And finally for 3D games their next Guilty Gear Xrd is 3D cellshaded.
So, what you think? I played the two BR on PC, and the first one was amazing. The second one was meh. There's also a 3rd calles Betrayal (I played it on PS3, it's a sidescroller).
Sumerisle is offline

Sumerisle

Watcher

#1

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 90

Default 

April 20th, 2014, 05:44
Well, the previous titles did set new standards in the jiggly physics realm of game technology….
CrazyIrish is offline

CrazyIrish

Keeper of the Watch

#2

Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 604

Default 

April 20th, 2014, 12:28
Couldn't care less for a Bloodrayne game.
Will buy a movie though. Instantly. The previous three are a mustsee.
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/e…eo-game-movies

Toka Koka
joxer is online now

joxer

joxer's Avatar
Mass Effect 4 Shepard
RPGWatch Donor

#3

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,949

Default 

April 20th, 2014, 15:23
Lol, they made three?!? I saw the first and that was enough.
CrazyIrish is offline

CrazyIrish

Keeper of the Watch

#4

Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 604

Default 

April 20th, 2014, 16:01
Uwe Boll doesn't count. Those things he do doesn't qualify as movies.
Sumerisle is offline

Sumerisle

Watcher

#5

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 90

Default 

April 20th, 2014, 16:50
Actually those *are* movies.
Whatever you might think about Boll, his movies show exactly what's happening with games industry. Today top seller games are the most dumb phonecrap and we see nothing wrong with it. Instead we criticize Boll's movies. And all he did was dumbing down the product. Plus putting inside as much plot holes as possible. Wasting a talent of good actors wasn't possible every time, but when was, he did that too. Oh and to cut costs, in case you didn't know, he casted real prostitutes in some cases. He did everything the trend in games dictates. Just… He didn't do it with games, he did that with movies.

Yes, you've read it right. I say Boll's work is ingenious. Historically a theatre's purpose was to bring out the dirty laundry from the society and slap the audience with it.
Movies are modern theatre. But for whatever reason, the audience his movies are ment for is still blind. And while spitting on Boll's work that same audience is still buying phonegames.

Toka Koka
joxer is online now

joxer

joxer's Avatar
Mass Effect 4 Shepard
RPGWatch Donor

#6

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,949

Default 

April 20th, 2014, 17:40
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Actually those *are* movies.
Whatever you might think about Boll, his movies show exactly what's happening with games industry. Today top seller games are the most dumb phonecrap and we see nothing wrong with it. Instead we criticize Boll's movies. And all he did was dumbing down the product. Plus putting inside as much plot holes as possible. Wasting a talent of good actors wasn't possible every time, but when was, he did that too. Oh and to cut costs, in case you didn't know, he casted real prostitutes in some cases. He did everything the trend in games dictates. Just… He didn't do it with games, he did that with movies.

Yes, you've read it right. I say Boll's work is ingenious. Historically a theatre's purpose was to bring out the dirty laundry from the society and slap the audience with it.
Movies are modern theatre. But for whatever reason, the audience his movies are ment for is still blind. And while spitting on Boll's work that same audience is still buying phonegames.
The main issue with your logic is he has no audience. So nobody could get the hypothetical social satire. Also you are giving him too much credit.
What I see is the fact that you can't accept that games like Call of Duty, GTA, Mario, Tetris, etc. are popular even if they weren't good games.
From what I understand, a game for some people is just that, a simple pastime; an activity they do just for fun, because 2 main reasons: they don't have time to play more complex games, or simply they don't enjoy them.
Sumerisle is offline

Sumerisle

Watcher

#7

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 90

Default 

April 20th, 2014, 18:50
CoD is MMO. Dunno how exactly it is played as I've never tried it, but if it's like ME3 MP part, then you're right, I can't accept that kind of crap.
You're very wrong about me and GTA, lemme say only that we need more stuff like GTA. I mean there the game design, not some anonymous CEO decision to move the game away from PC audience with crap port after it's not sold good enough on consoles.
Mario, in fact any platformer, sorry, but I believe it's a game/genre for kids only and I can't have fun with such games any more. Instead of fun, I tend to get annoyed by such games.
On Tetris you're wrong again, it's a noncrackable puzzle with simple but fantastic design that if you think about it can show how AI can go much further in a game than a human brain. A pure art, yet so simple.

People have enough time to play complex games. And they do enjoy them. They just don't know such ones exist. All they see are cow clickers on facebook and pay $100 for an item in a crap "free" phonegame.

When was the last time you saw a complex game as a TV commercial? All I ever see on TV is stuff like Black Orbit. And while browsing all over internet what jumps out? Bloody cowclickers or pay2win Travian and it's clones.

Oh, yes, we're on RPGwatch, we know better. But we're not the audience Boll's movies are ment for. His audience is ment to be the same one from your last sentence. And no matter how bad movie he gives them, they still continue to pay for bad games. Sorry, but I can't hate him or his work. I find it brilliant.

Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; April 20th, 2014 at 19:04.
joxer is online now

joxer

joxer's Avatar
Mass Effect 4 Shepard
RPGWatch Donor

#8

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,949

Default 

April 20th, 2014, 20:25
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
CoD is MMO. Dunno how exactly it is played as I've never tried it, but if it's like ME3 MP part, then you're right, I can't accept that kind of crap.
You're very wrong about me and GTA, lemme say only that we need more stuff like GTA. I mean there the game design, not some anonymous CEO decision to move the game away from PC audience with crap port after it's not sold good enough on consoles.
Mario, in fact any platformer, sorry, but I believe it's a game/genre for kids only and I can't have fun with such games any more. Instead of fun, I tend to get annoyed by such games.
On Tetris you're wrong again, it's a noncrackable puzzle with simple but fantastic design that if you think about it can show how AI can go much further in a game than a human brain. A pure art, yet so simple.

People have enough time to play complex games. And they do enjoy them. They just don't know such ones exist. All they see are cow clickers on facebook and pay $100 for an item in a crap "free" phonegame.
Never said that you don't like those games, just mentioned top seller games that lot of people play and that aren't complex in any way. The phone games, are just that, dumb games people play on their phones when they have nothing else to do… I can't imagine a gamer playing on a phone.
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
When was the last time you saw a complex game as a TV commercial? All I ever see on TV is stuff like Black Orbit. And while browsing all over internet what jumps out? Bloody cowclickers or pay2win Travian and it's clones.
TV ads are mainstream, I don't see how a game like ie., Wasteland 2 will benefit from them. It will be a waste of money…
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Oh, yes, we're on RPGwatch, we know better. But we're not the audience Boll's movies are ment for. His audience is ment to be the same one from your last sentence. And no matter how bad movie he gives them, they still continue to pay for bad games. Sorry, but I can't hate him or his work. I find it brilliant.
Sorry, I thought you were trolling about Uwe's movies. If you truly enjoy them, my sincere apologies.
Also we are off-topic now. I wanted to know if you people were excited about the new BloodRayne, just that.
Sumerisle is offline

Sumerisle

Watcher

#9

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 90

Default 

April 20th, 2014, 21:22
I only played BloodRayne 2 and found it excellent - way ahead of its time in terms of gameplay mechanics (melee, ranged, combos .. etc.), and character design.

The new one, from the teaser web site, looks like a japanse manga cartoon - so not sure what is happening here! I hope its not a flashy, booby cartoony flighting game.
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#10

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,312

Default 

April 21st, 2014, 05:53
The original Bloodrayne was ok in its day too.

I'm fairly sure that the Bloodrayne character was inspired by a character in an older Terminal Reality game called Nocturne, btw.
swaaye is offline

swaaye

swaaye's Avatar
Watcher

#11

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 27
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » New BloodRayne game!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:41.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch