|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bound By Flame - Mathras the Undead

Default Bound By Flame - Mathras the Undead

May 4th, 2014, 16:01
Spiders released a new post on the Bound By Flame development blog with information on another companion called Mathras. Here are the details of the undead Lich.

Mathras, your undead companion in Bound by Flame

Mathras is certainly no ordinary undead. Educated and refined, he lived before the time of the Lords of Ice, even before any known civilization.

Sadly for him, Mathras does not have enough time to explain that hes not even remotely allied with the Deadarmy before humans try to murder him.

He will join the cause of the hero out of simple curiosity, or perhaps fun, but beware: on the battlefield, Mathras casts lethal spells on his enemies, controlling their minds and transforming them into allies during the fight.

After all, Mathras has had the last 3,000 years to perfect the art of jousting and fighting, skills he applies equally as well through words as well as magic.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 4th, 2014, 16:01
That guy is my definite choice of companion for my first playthrough…

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

May 5th, 2014, 01:20
I could never understand why RPGs use so many boring companions when you could so easily create a Mathras type and add instant fun to the mix.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

PegasusOrgans

Watchdog
RPGWatch Team

May 5th, 2014, 08:51
Originally Posted by PegasusOrgans View Post
I could never understand why RPGs use so many boring companions when you could so easily create a Mathras type and add instant fun to the mix.
Yes, but on the other if they were all exotic maybe it would just feel forced? Personally I would say Planescape Torment and NWN2 MotB have had the most interesting companions so far in a CRPG (That I've played).

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bound By Flame - Mathras the Undead