|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter - Tyranny Of Dragons

Default Neverwinter - Tyranny Of Dragons

May 21st, 2014, 16:11
Perfect World Entertainment & Cryptic Studios sent a new press release that announces the next Neverwinter expansion called Tyranny Of Dragons.

NEVERWINTER TYRANNY OF DRAGONS ANNOUNCED

Fourth Module for Acclaimed MMO Coming August 14, 2014

(Redwood City, CA) May 19, 2014
– Today, Perfect World Entertainment, Inc. and Cryptic Studios are pleased to announce that Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons will launch on August 14, 2014 . Tyranny of Dragons is the fourth module for the widely-acclaimed free-to-play action MMORPG Neverwinter, set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe from Wizards of the Coast, and is featured as the premier Tyranny of Dragons interactive digital experience.

The Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe is beloved by tabletop players everywhere, and Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons will provide players with a compelling and vibrant Dungeons & Dragons experience, bridging characters and narrative between the MMO and tabletop game through the Tyranny of Dragons storyline.

“This is a pivotal year for Dungeons & Dragons and we are thrilled to have Perfect World and Cryptic on board to make Neverwinter a key part of the D&D experience as we transition to the future,” said Nathan Stewart, Dungeons & Dragons Brand Director. “The new Tyranny of Dragons module is just the beginning of us bringing our new serialized entertainment to the fans of both tabletop and digital games.”

Currently on its third module, Neverwinter: Curse of Icewind Dale, Neverwinter has grown its playerbase and continues to create authentic D&D narratives and gameplay experiences since its launch in Summer 2013, and continues to grow with the Dungeons & Dragons franchise.

Neverwinter is an action MMORPG that features fast-paced combat and epic dungeons. Players explore the vast city of Neverwinter and its surrounding countryside, learning the vivid history of the iconic city and battling its many enemies. In Neverwinter, players can create their own quests and campaigns with the Foundry, a powerful content creation tool that allows players to seamlessly integrate their adventures in to the live game world.

For more information about Neverwinter, and to play now for free, visit the official website at: http://www.PlayNeverwinter.com
More information.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

May 21st, 2014, 16:11
I get confused by these updates since I keep hoping they are mods for nwn; not nwn-mmo updates

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

May 22nd, 2014, 12:06
I wonder what they mean by expansion. Is it significant?

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

May 22nd, 2014, 14:43
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I wonder what they mean by expansion. Is it significant?
From what I've read in the last few days in the game, the last two modules added about a month worth of content, but I haven't checked them out yet to validate that claim. They are also gated via grinding (meh).

Tyranny of Dragons is also D&D 5th world wide event and it release in August.

Some people speculate it might have a new class (druid or warlock) and/or race (dragonborn).

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter - Tyranny Of Dragons