Original Sin - New Beta Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Larian Studios announces on the Steam forum for Divinity Original Sin that Beta patch 1.0.80 is now live, and should automatically update for you.

Beta V1.0.80 An update with personality

It's only been 12 days since our last big update, but we're in overdrive at Larian so there's lots to share already. Here's a quick overview of the main changes:

• AI Personalities are here. If you feel up to the challenge, you can give your main protagonists a will of their own, and they'll make their own choices, just like another player would in multiplayer. Currently only random personalities are activated, but it makes for a very different game. Do try it out, it's a lot of fun.
  • Primary stats now affect your skill values. This is the next step in the changes we decided to do to improve the amount of class free builds you can make. The tooltips contain all you need to know.
  • The system powering the treasure generation has been refined. Loot balancing has been further improved. Disarm trap kits for instance now actually drop.
  • We did several modifications to the tutorial dungeon, including a new encounter.
  • Surfaces & clouds now have their own level
  • The hint system is now operational
  • The credits screen now works
  • You can now differentiate between stacking items or wanting to craft quantities of items
  • Weapons that do elemental damage now have fancy fx
  • We added rotate buttons to character creation screen
  • Surfaces have sound now
  • You can now select your starting skills during character creation (still a few issues)
  • Projectiles have an offset above the ground causing less terrain/projectile interference
  • We added the Stabbey waypoint in Cyseal
  • A lot of effort was done on improving the tooltips (ongoing)
  • There have been plenty of fixes to the encounters, the AI and the balancing
For Mac Owners, there's a special set of fixes
  • [Mac] To rotate camera on trackpad use Apple built-in rotation gesture
  • [Mac] Crashes on game exiting (free() issue mentioned in crash log) are fixed
  • [Mac] All physics related crashes (when dragging items around) are fixed
  • [Mac] ‘Pink’ issue is fixed for good. Users of GT120/130/8600 and other cards that previously saw only pink background will be able to play.
  • [Mac] Shadows lockups are fixed but for now are on manual apply.
  • [Mac] Multiple video cards in same Mac are handled more correctly now
  • [Mac] Exploding ‘fire’ effect has been fixed
  • [Mac] International symbols input won’t cause issues in the game
  • [Mac] Mac and Windows are now fully save game compatible

To see the other 130 fixes and changes, head over to the
Larian Forums[www.larian.com].

Note that old savegames will not work with this update.
Thank you for the link crpgnut.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are really big balancing changes in the crunch time of the project.
Can be good - can be a complete desaster, too. :uneasy:

Being a software developer myself, I'm not sure if I like the sound of this "last minute big changes"; it is normally a nightmare for the people that have to execute this.
Late big changes make earlier testing processes nearly worthless and can introduce new errors and new balancing problems.

I like these last minute big changes because all upcoming (bad?) reviews based on previous versions are now obsolete.

These are really big balancing changes in the crunch time of the project.
Can be good - can be a complete desaster, too. :uneasy:

Balancing is always done at the end of the game development. It's the only time when all the pieces are in the game and you can see how they interact together.

Looks like an additional tiny patch today.

This patch is buggy. It has broken crafting badly. Don't start a new game just yet if you're playing the beta. Wait for another hotfix or two.

Well i'll still be waiting till actual release.

Eh actually 21 days isn't too bad, i thought it was longer!

Back
Top Bottom