|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - 20% Off On Steam

Default Original Sin - 20% Off On Steam

June 20th, 2014, 18:22
Divinity: Original Sin is 20% off on Steam for the next 25 hrs. Now is your chance to buy the game if you haven't already, and help support Larian Studios.

Gather your party and get ready for a new, back-to-the-roots RPG adventure! Discuss your decisions with companions; fight foes in turn-based combat; explore an open world and interact with everything and everyone you see. Join up with a friend to play online in co-op and make your own adventures with the powerful RPG toolkit.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

June 20th, 2014, 18:27
try as much as i could i could not get into divinity 2, too much of a twitchy action game with rpg elements. the original divine divnity to me was awesome though, i look forward to sinning some more in original sin.

cptbarkey

Sentinel

June 20th, 2014, 19:44
This is Divine Divinity with "Blackguards lite" combat with a little NWN2 crafting blended in. It's pretty decent. You might wait for a couple patches, but it's okay now, just has a few things that aren't quite ready for prime time.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

Default Can anyone speak to the Co-Op?

June 21st, 2014, 03:55
Wondering if Co-Op is working well thus far, and people would compare the gameplay. My GF is a lover of Diablo, but I get easily bored of dungeon crawlers, but love MMOs and deep single player RPGs (Fallout, BG, Ultima, Elder Scrolls). I was thinking this may be a good middle ground game we both like.

Vistaer

SasqWatch

June 21st, 2014, 06:42
Co-op is working for the most part. There are some weird glitches with summons; if you have a summon and the other person dies, you'll get control of the other character when he's resurrected. There are also a few bugs with starting a game, but they seem to be fairly rare.

Note: I would never play co-op, I'm just posting my impressions from the official forums.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

June 21st, 2014, 22:04
Wait, D:OS is on sale before it's even been released? Hmm… I'm not so thrilled about Kickstarting this now.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

June 21st, 2014, 22:17
Why are you surprised? Almost all, if not all early access games have a price drop during the sale. Some even more than 20% (currently 33% on Wasteland 2).

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

June 22nd, 2014, 03:12
Their release date is on the last day of Steam sales. They risk losing a lot of potential buyers by avoiding the Steam sales.

Scrav

Sentinel

June 22nd, 2014, 04:07
Originally Posted by Vistaer View Post
Wondering if Co-Op is working well thus far, and people would compare the gameplay. My GF is a lover of Diablo, but I get easily bored of dungeon crawlers, but love MMOs and deep single player RPGs (Fallout, BG, Ultima, Elder Scrolls). I was thinking this may be a good middle ground game we both like.
Just played a bit of co-op with my wife and it works quite well. Game setup was pretty easy (especially over LAN) and once you get the hang of the AP system (what costs what amount of AP) the turn-based combat moves along at a good clip. I think it's definitely a good compromise between Diablo and Fallout. It's not a dungeon crawler. It's a real RPG.

Falchor

Watchdog

June 22nd, 2014, 15:48
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Why are you surprised? Almost all, if not all early access games have a price drop during the sale. Some even more than 20% (currently 33% on Wasteland 2).
Assuming the game is good enough at release, this is also a smart move. More copies being played shortly after launch = more people advising / showing the game to their friends = more sales at the normal price.
Moreover, it's digital sales, this doesn't cost Larian much extra.

Fluffyhotep

Watcher

June 22nd, 2014, 16:06
One of the things that the new game does, that is pretty cool, is it rewards exploration by giving extra XP for going off the beaten path. Did you find a little grotto with a hidden chest? Good! You get the loot and 90 XP for exploration, etc.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

June 22nd, 2014, 22:03
bought it on sale a few days ago. so far its pretty good. its not finished though, but I am very able to enjoy exploring and getting horribly frustrated at combat.
but if you take it slow at a time, not charging out on all enemies, you are in for some fun.
it is very hardcore rpg, even though there are seeming winks toward blackguard or NW, it is not quite a mish mash, but more of an evolved divinity. there are lots of goodies in the music also, the peculiarity i loved from the first.

I just hope they finish up with the bugs and polish in time. there are so many things you can overlook in an rpg…

rikus

Watchdog

June 23rd, 2014, 00:42
Originally Posted by rikus View Post
I just hope they finish up with the bugs and polish in time. there are so many things you can overlook in an rpg…
I'm not holding my breath in this regard; it's a fairly large and complex game, there'll be bugs. I'll just let it lie for a couple of months before I will play.

I will probably do the same with Pillars of Eternity (which I also supported on Kickstarter), DA:I and Witcher III. Good things, including bug-fixing patches, come to those who wait.

Fluffyhotep

Watcher

June 23rd, 2014, 07:12
Originally Posted by Fluffyhotep View Post
I'm not holding my breath in this regard; it's a fairly large and complex game, there'll be bugs. I'll just let it lie for a couple of months before I will play.

I will probably do the same with Pillars of Eternity (which I also supported on Kickstarter), DA:I and Witcher III. Good things, including bug-fixing patches, come to those who wait.
I agree, but because of the sale, I figured it will be cheaper after most of the bug fixes. also it lets me play around with the game, which is great. been a long time since i've enjoyed RPG(a few months).

rikus

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - 20% Off On Steam