|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lords of Xulima - Release Date & Beta

Default Lords of Xulima - Release Date & Beta

June 21st, 2014, 21:32
Numantian Games sent us a press release today with information on the games Beta, and announce the full game will be released in September.

Numantian Games Announces Lords of Xulima Beta

BETA VERSION AVAILABLE

Madrid, Spain - June 19th, 2014 -

Numantian Games, independent game developer based in Spain, announces the beta launch of their first release, Lords of Xulima. The beta is now available for those who purchase the Beta Player Edition from the website. Players who purchase this edition will have special access to the Development Forum, where they can get in touch with the team and share opinions, feedback, and impressions.

This Beta Player Edition also includes the digital editions of the Xulima Bestiary and Mythology, game guide, a high definition map of Xulima, and unique desktop backgrounds.

The Lords of Xulima beta covers 50% of the game, in which the player can enjoy more than 50 hours of exploration, game lore, and addictive combat. Regions such as Velegarn, Hadiros, Sorrentia, the frozen lands of Cunavarn and Karraga, and the desert of Varaskel will all be available within the beta. In the upcoming weeks, the remaining content barriers will be lifted with Steam Early Access, and all of Xulima will be accessible. This will unlock over 100 hours of adventure and strategic role-playing.

For a limited time, gamers can pre-order Lords of Xulima, which will also include a copy of the Steam Early Access version once available. Access to this private beta version is also currently done through Steam, but all saved games will carry over to the final release.

The final version of Lords of Xulima will launch in September 2014 for all platforms and sales portals, including DRM-free versions. It will initially be in both English and Spanish, and available for Windows, Mac, and Linux during its official release.
More information.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

June 21st, 2014, 21:32
That's really good news. My most anticipated RPGs of 2014 will be released one after another, Divinity Original Sin, Risen 3, Wasteland 2, Lords of Xulima, Dragon Age Inquisition (I don't know why but I still don't think Pillars of Eternity will be released this year). I haven't seen a golden year for RPGs with so many quality games since 2002.

I bought the CE versions for all of them (except R3 and DAI of course) and I resist the urge to play beta versions of them. Better wait than to play them with bugs and half content.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man
Last edited by Gokyabgu; June 21st, 2014 at 22:47.

Gokyabgu

Sentinel

June 21st, 2014, 21:41
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this one.

Now give us some news about Antharion!

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 21st, 2014, 21:54
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Now give us some news about Antharion!
I would if the developer didn't make the updates backer only. Unfortunately I didn't back the game so I have no access to them.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

June 21st, 2014, 21:56
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I would if the developer didn't make the updates backer only. Unfortunately I didn't back the game so I have no access to them.
Well, alot of us did back it so we could always forward the updates to you if you want?

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

June 21st, 2014, 21:58
Originally Posted by tomasp3n View Post
Well, alot of us did back it so we could always forward the updates to you if you want?
I would appreciate it as the kickstarter says June 7th was the last update.

Last edited by Couchpotato; June 21st, 2014 at 22:35.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

June 22nd, 2014, 11:43
Has anyone played beta? Any good? BTW I was on kick start hasn't been much in the way of updates.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

June 22nd, 2014, 14:58
I would appreciate it as the kickstarter says June 7th was the last update.
I've deleted that one already unfortunately, I get at least one Kickstarter update every day so I tend to read them and then delete them. I'll try to rememeber to forward the next one to you though.

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

June 22nd, 2014, 15:02
If you PM the email address to forward to I could forward the update.

sakichop

SasqWatch

June 22nd, 2014, 15:53
I've deleted that one already unfortunately, I get at least one Kickstarter update every day so I tend to read them and then delete them. I'll try to rememeber to forward the next one to you though.
Thanks for the e-mail tomasp3n but I was talking about the Antharion kickstarter. I will never know why some developers make updates hidden for backers only.

As for Lords of Xulima I backed the game, and can't wait to play it in September.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

June 22nd, 2014, 16:02
Do you ever feel invisible?

Anyway I have the Antahrion update if you want it.

sakichop

SasqWatch

June 22nd, 2014, 16:09
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Do you ever feel invisible?

Anyway I have the Antahrion update if you want it.
Thanks I sent you a PM.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

June 22nd, 2014, 17:57
Looking forward to this. My only concern is I hope the game is not simply endless battles, with towns being merely places to upgrade / restock your equipment. I'm hoping for a good story with some interesting side quests and maybe even a little C & C. Still not sure how I feel about the protagonist having a predetermined class / back-story; I generally prefer being able to customize the main character and make them feel like *my* character but hopefully we'll at least have opportunities to shape his personality / progression.

daveyd

Sentinel

June 22nd, 2014, 23:03
Having some fun with this. My melee heavy party is getting their asses kicked a bit, but that makes those eventual triumphs even more enjoyable

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

June 23rd, 2014, 00:31
Thanks for the e-mail tomasp3n but I was talking about the Antharion kickstarter. I will never know why some developers make updates hidden for backers only.

As for Lords of Xulima I backed the game, and can't wait to play it in September.
But I didn't send you a mail, I know we're talking about Antharion and I told you I deleted the update mail…

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

June 23rd, 2014, 00:40
But I didn't send you a mail, I know we're talking about Antharion and I told you I deleted the update mail…
Well then it must of been another member then. Still thanks for your offer. Also thanks to sakichop I can finally share news on the game in the next news update later.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lords of Xulima - Release Date & Beta