|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Update 1.0.47 Released

Default Original Sin - Update 1.0.47 Released

July 3rd, 2014, 05:17
Larian Studios has been busy releasing a few patches this week for Original Sin. They released a new new patch on Steam today. Here are the details.

What a game USA-Belgium was!!!! Also, Update V1.0.47

Congratulations Belgium Red Devils on a well deserved victory! And congratulations USA for making it an offensive game and showing such fighting spirit, what a keeper! !

Today's update contains a number of hot fixes for the biggest issues you've been reporting. Your DLC problems should all be sorted out now too.

-Zandalor's Trunks will now talk
-Fixed the repeating voice problem that drove everybody bananas
-Muted banter voices while in dialog or trade
-Fixed crash with open inventory/skill tree on level swap
-Removed Intro Movie loading jitter
-Disabled saving to Steam Cloud again because its size is too small for our save games. We are going to compress the save games first and then reactivate it.
-Fixed problem with UI and save games
-Fixed Silverglen bad script crash
-Fixed problems with preview window in editor
-Fixed problems with game not starting after changing main campaign data with editor

Have fun! And thanks again for spreading the word about Divinity:Original Sin!
More information.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Potato Land
Posts: 9,692

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 05:17
My pants still don't talk, and I still don't have the potion, so I think it's safe to say this didn't get tested very much
Melvil is offline

Melvil

Melvil's Avatar
Super Duper Super Sweet

#2

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Barva, Costa Rica
Posts: 626

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 07:03
Looking forward to playing this sometime in December when its all patched up. Glad to see people are "Live" testing it though, its much appreciated.
Saxon1974 is offline

Saxon1974

Saxon1974's Avatar
Sentinel

#3

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 307

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 07:30
The only major bug that i have encountered so far is that i got all the dlc for free.
Seriously tho yesterday it crashed once for me in like 10 hours of gameplay in coopmode. I can´t complain.
Kampffrosch is offline

Kampffrosch

Traveler

#4

Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 08:41
The only major bug that i have encountered so far is that i got all the dlc for free.
If you are a backer then you will get all DLC for free.
This is the response I got when I sent them an email about my DLC problems (they were not showing up)
Hi there,
The DLC are available to all backers now.
This includes the Design Docs, Soundtrack and Artbook which are in your game directory.
And true enough, steam reports I got all the DLC, and when loading up my save game, the trunk and chalice showed up.
lilmagi is offline

lilmagi

Watcher

#5

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 68

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 09:03
Originally Posted by Saxon1974 View Post
Looking forward to playing this sometime in December when its all patched up. Glad to see people are "Live" testing it though, its much appreciated.
+1. People playing now are bug testing the game and the developers fixing it for us December players. Hope to see some good MODs by then too! Font size seems to be nice so looking forward for this with a frown since never liked Larian's games, but maybe they changed their nature with this one.
mercy is offline

mercy

mercy's Avatar
Sentinel

#6

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 408

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 09:13
How often and when are these trunks supposed to talk? I played for an hour this morning with the trunks equipped but no talking pantaloons as of yet.
Lemonhead is offline

Lemonhead

Lemonhead's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#7

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 663

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 10:43
And what's the deal with the 'chalice'? Does it do anything…or should I just sell it for gold?

I played the alpha/beta (100 hours…ahem) and I'm now busy going through all that again, interestingly, the fights are still challenging (athey also tweaked some combats, sneaky bastards) I am playing on hard (unusual for me) but managing - you just need to be careful and choose your fighst wisely. Still loving it! I bought in at the lowest tier on KS so I got a bargain really.
booboo is offline

booboo

booboo's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#8

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 957

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 13:08
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
I played the alpha/beta (100 hours…ahem) and I'm now busy going through all that again, interestingly, the fights are still challenging (athey also tweaked some combats, sneaky bastards) I am playing on hard (unusual for me) but managing - you just need to be careful and choose your fighst wisely. Still loving it! I bought in at the lowest tier on KS so I got a bargain really.
We did luck out. I really appreciate how generous Larian was with this Kickstarter campaign, and I truly hope this translates into massive sales and rep for them. They deserve it. Congratulations, Larian!
Aubrielle is offline

Aubrielle

Aubrielle's Avatar
Harbinger of Autumn
RPGWatch Team

#9

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 362

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 13:11
I can't say I've seen a bug (assuming not highlighting containers is deliberate design) so anyone who is waiting for god knows what patch is doing a mistake.
Okay, I thought this is also per design "Muted banter voices while in dialog or trade" as it's totally irrelevant and now I see it addressed.

Originally Posted by Kampffrosch View Post
The only major bug that i have encountered so far is that i got all the dlc for free.
Free DLC is never a bug. A bug is when DLC is not free and even bigger bug is when to fix it you have to pay a huge sum. Exception is game expansions wrongly advertised as DLC instead of as expansions.

Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

#10

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,116

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 13:21
Well I've run into a rather annoying bug since patch .37. If the game goes into "Cleaning Up Session" mode, which procs when quitting or loading, the game crashes and occasionally locks up my entire system. It got rather annoying pretty quickly.
greywolf00 is offline

greywolf00

greywolf00's Avatar
Sentinel

#11

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado, US
Posts: 535

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 13:33
Thanks on the warning greywolf, I'm playing GOG version so I will not apply the patch.
Their compression code obviously doesn't work as intended and I'll survive without minor fixes from the patch.

Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

#12

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,116

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 14:41
Well they reported current sales at around 160,000 units; and estimates are that they are about 70% of breaking even. So with luck they will break even before the end of next week.
-
Also (much to my surprise) scores in metacritic are quite high (currently 9.1 with 210 votes).
-

Originally Posted by Aubrielle View Post
We did luck out. I really appreciate how generous Larian was with this Kickstarter campaign, and I truly hope this translates into massive sales and rep for them. They deserve it. Congratulations, Larian!
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

#13

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa
Posts: 417

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 14:41
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
And what's the deal with the 'chalice'? Does it do anything…or should I just sell it for gold?
It's supposed to paint things with gold to sell with a better price (10% more if I'm not wrong)
gandalf.nho is offline

gandalf.nho

gandalf.nho's Avatar
Huntress

#14

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brazil
Posts: 386

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 15:42
Originally Posted by you View Post
Well they reported current sales at around 160,000 units; and estimates are that they are about 70% of breaking even. So with luck they will break even before the end of next week.
-
Also (much to my surprise) scores in metacritic are quite high (currently 9.1 with 210 votes).
-
Nice! I'll have to stop by Metacritic and give the game another good review - thanks for the reminder.
Aubrielle is offline

Aubrielle

Aubrielle's Avatar
Harbinger of Autumn
RPGWatch Team

#15

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 362

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 16:38
Originally Posted by Saxon1974 View Post
Looking forward to playing this sometime in December when its all patched up. Glad to see people are "Live" testing it though, its much appreciated.
Yes, same here. I'm kind of hoping the shipped disks will have a patched up version.
rjshae is offline

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

#16

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,439

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 17:00
Someone said we need a separate subforum for D:OS. I'd say we do, at least temporarily.

Just checked on GOG, it says it's updated and in fact says +1 DLC as on the pic:


What's that about, anyone knows? Is it this patch from the title or something else?
And do I have to start a new game to get benefits from it?

Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

#17

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,116

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 17:18
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Someone said we need a separate subforum for D:OS. I'd say we do, at least temporarily.

Just checked on GOG, it says it's updated and in fact says +1 DLC as on the pic:


What's that about, anyone knows? Is it this patch from the title or something else?
And do I have to start a new game to get benefits from it?
As far as i know that's just the DLC that is available on steam too, it shoud just include the kickstarter rewards backers get anyways.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/

Someone on the GOG forums said the installer is updated to 2.02 too but i have no clue what patch that is for the GOG version.
Thorwyn99 is offline

Thorwyn99

Watchdog

#18

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 120

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 17:42
(sigh…) Joxer, I'm getting about as jaded about DLC as you are, and that's scary. First I get burned by playing ME3 before I ever heard of 2 major companion & Citadel DLCs, but now I'm learning non-backers are getting this DLC for free after I've already paid for it.

At some point I'm going to enforce my "no play for a year" rule…
ChaosTheory is offline

ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory's Avatar
Sentinel

#19

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 512

Default 

July 3rd, 2014, 17:52
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
(sigh…) Joxer, I'm getting about as jaded about DLC as you are, and that's scary. First I get burned by playing ME3 before I ever heard of 2 major companion & Citadel DLCs, but now I'm learning non-backers are getting this DLC for free after I've already paid for it.

At some point I'm going to enforce my "no play for a year" rule…
I think i was a bit misleading.
The DLC is basically giving backers their reward, the game is only available to backers on GOG at the moment.

If you're not a backer you have to buy the DLC on steam for 10$ i expect GOG to be the same.

Now i don't really like them selling backer rewards but at least they aren't free.
Thorwyn99 is offline

Thorwyn99

Watchdog

#20

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 120
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Update 1.0.47 Released
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:42.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch