|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity: Original Sin - New Article & Patch

Default Divinity: Original Sin - New Article & Patch

July 9th, 2014, 03:04
Incgamers Peter Parrish has written a new article about why all of us should play Larianís new RPG game Divinity: Original Sin. Here is a short sample.

Larianís partially-crowdfunded RPG Divinity: Original Sin has been out for a week, and has rarely left the upper reaches of the Steam best sellers list. You wonít find many full reviews of the game out there right now though. Partly because review code was only available on the day of release and partly because the game is something like 80 hours long. Anybody who has reviewed it at this point most likely didnít finish it (or binged through 15 hour chunks at a time, which would actually be quite understandable with this game.)

Iíve not finished it myself, but thereís already plenty I want to write about the game. Iím normally extremely cautious about gushing over games, particularly because this industry suffers from a dangerous excess of unmerited hype, but Original Sin deserves major plaudits. Most of them can be summarised as ďHoly crap, Divinity: Original Sin is an outstanding RPG.Ē Hereís why you should play it.
Larian also released the next patch on Steam.

New Monday, New Update ! Version 1.0.57

Hi everyone,

Our latest (small) update brings you the following fixes:
- Crash fix for send to homestead from a container
- Fixed encumbered being spammed when dead
- Fixed crash while saving during a SurfaceGrowAction (this should fix any issues with crashing when going into the tunnel under the graveyard in Cyseal for example)

We are currently working on finding the causes for more critical issues.

To those still having issues, thank you for your patience. We are trying to weed out the most important issues as soon as possible.

If you still have trouble playing the game, do not hesitate to contact us!
More information.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

July 9th, 2014, 03:04
Swen deserves this. He deserves to have a big hit after all the good he has done for his fans.

Been playing since Sword of Lies (DivDiv1) and couldn't be happier for him.

DungeonHack

DOS Addict

July 9th, 2014, 10:20
Stupid off topic question:
How do you put things in backpacks? I've tried drag and drop with no success. It just shifts placement of the backpack and the item dragged onto it. I've also tried opening the backpack first and then draggin an item into it. But as soon as I click the item in my inventory it closes the backpack. Seems broken or am I just missing something?

Lemonhead

SasqWatch

July 9th, 2014, 14:16
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
Stupid off topic question:
How do you put things in backpacks? I've tried drag and drop with no success. It just shifts placement of the backpack and the item dragged onto it. I've also tried opening the backpack first and then draggin an item into it. But as soon as I click the item in my inventory it closes the backpack. Seems broken or am I just missing something?
Move the backpack window away form the inventory window, it doesn't close it goes behind it because it lose focus.

Moving items into the backpack is drag and drop.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

July 10th, 2014, 06:43
Yeah, that's pretty annoying. They should change the default location for the backpack to open.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

July 10th, 2014, 07:54
Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
Yeah, that's pretty annoying. They should change the default location for the backpack to open.
That wouldn't be a true fix, because you can drag your inventory windows to whereever you want. Backpacks should probably just always have higher focus priority than whatever inventory window they were opened from.

Stingray

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity: Original Sin - New Article & Patch