|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Fandango - Update For Various Platforms

Default Grim Fandango - Update For Various Platforms

July 11th, 2014, 18:29
As many of us here are into adventure games and probably also likes Grim Fandago, I found that I should mention this. On Twitter yesterday, Double Fine confirmed this:

Reap your heart out! We're pleased to announce Grim Fandango will also be available on PC, Mac, and Linux alongside PlayStation 4 and Vita!
Patrick Klepek from Giant Bombs has this to say:

The rise of the "console" exclusive is one of the stranger video game marketing terms in 2014. Microsoft and Sony don't consider the PC to be a competing platform, so the companies often announce games as a "console" exclusive, even if it's coming to other platforms—i.e. PC, Mac, Linux—at roughly the same time

More information.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

July 11th, 2014, 18:29
This is one of only two lucas Arts games that I never played (the other being Loom) And the only reason is that it is really hard to find, so I am glad that this new edition is on the way to PC I'm still hoping for a successor to Fate of Atlantis.

Twitter: @TravisAC85

GuybrushWilco

Pirate Janitor

July 11th, 2014, 19:33
Last time I replayed it I remember downloading whatnot stuff to hack it as it didn't want to work otherwise.
I'll rebuy it. And replay it again. Long time no see Manny.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

July 11th, 2014, 21:11
Met a bug which kept me from finishing the game. This bug wasn't even known. I gave up, so long ago … But it was an nice and creative game anyway …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 11th, 2014, 21:27
One of the best games ever and best OST in my book. Let's see how it turns out. I wish a second part based on the same universe (probably with different characters as it wouldn't make sense otherwise) could be a future possibility. Though I'm not very trustfull to what Double Fine is capable of doing currently, after my dissapointment with their Kickstarter game.

Vitirr

Watcher

July 11th, 2014, 23:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ipFSCgrXHA

'Nuff said

Bundyo

Watchdog

July 11th, 2014, 23:49
These days you can play Grim fantago in modern systems easily with Residual VM (it is like ScummVM) that corrects more bugs. There is also a mouse interface mod:

You can see a preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8DKMM65Jk0

Zagorin

Traveler

July 13th, 2014, 13:07
wow. what a game, what a soundtrack what a beautiful story. looking forward to rebuy it hehe.

rikus

Watchdog

July 13th, 2014, 15:11
Ah Grim Fandango! What a game! And I say this despite the fact that I'm really not into the point and click adventures. It will be great to be able play it again in a re-mastered version!

zahratustra

SasqWatch

July 13th, 2014, 15:39
One of the best adventure games ever, I can't wait to play it again.I just hope they keep original voices.

Nameless one

Wizzard

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Fandango - Update For Various Platforms