|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age: Inquisition - Gameplay Trailer #2

Default Dragon Age: Inquisition - Gameplay Trailer #2

July 11th, 2014, 18:21
From VG247 comes news that Bioware and EA has released parrt two of the demo shown at E3 2014.

In the second part […….], Laidlaw walks you through a rescue mission and the confrontation of "a dangerous adversary," highlighting story development.
You can view the second part here.

You can find a thread about this video started by Hungr on the Bioware DA forums here.

More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

July 11th, 2014, 18:21
My first look at the tactical view, big relief.

"But if it's a battle," he said, "Which side is which?"
"If it's a battle," said Lilac.

RedSocialKnight

the stronger, slower one

July 11th, 2014, 19:11
So…
Leliana became a murderous bitch out of the blue and we better have that moustache needs to be modded out mage in the party or we'll never see this whole thing.

What kind of a story is that? LAME.
Did they use ME3 plotholes incoming writers for this particular script?

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

July 11th, 2014, 19:24
Leliana was always pretty murderous. Magical rosebushes sent from God, expensive shoes, and killing people — those were kind of her three main things.

It was clear from her first entrance in Origins that the "wide-eyed wannabe nun" persona was at least partly a front.

RedSocialKnight

the stronger, slower one

July 11th, 2014, 19:32
You can't loot enemies? And it was very surprising that they fought a huge boss battle and didn't have to pause or use the tactical mode once.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

July 11th, 2014, 20:24
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
You can't loot enemies? And it was very surprising that they fought a huge boss battle and didn't have to pause or use the tactical mode once.
It's not because they haven't bothered to loot a corpse that it can't be done. Lootables don't sparkles anymore though, they replaced that with another mechanic.

As for the huge boss battle, did you count the number of time Vivienne and Sera should have died? They were spamming "health potion" like crazy, something you won't be able to do in the game because healing is limited (potions are limited, health don't regen and heal spells are Focus based, you can't spam them).

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

July 11th, 2014, 20:34
Originally Posted by RedSocialKnight View Post
Leliana was always pretty murderous. Magical rosebushes sent from God, expensive shoes, and killing people — those were kind of her three main things.

It was clear from her first entrance in Origins that the "wide-eyed wannabe nun" persona was at least partly a front.
Not in my game. In my game she was a sweet cute kill only if it can't be avoided cutpurse lockpicker.

Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
You can loot and you can see in minute 4:50 a lootable in lower left corner the player didn't bother to pick, then after the fight also some more loot spots. I believe they didn't bother to show much of looting - because the inventory is horror. A disaster!

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

July 11th, 2014, 21:55
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
It's not because they haven't bothered to loot a corpse that it can't be done. Lootables don't sparkles anymore though, they replaced that with another mechanic.

As for the huge boss battle, did you count the number of time Vivienne and Sera should have died? They were spamming "health potion" like crazy, something you won't be able to do in the game because healing is limited (potions are limited, health don't regen and heal spells are Focus based, you can't spam them).
We'll see how it turns out. I hope tactical combat isn't just an afterthought tacked on to try and appease Origins fans. I hope there is some meat on these bones and not just fireworks and fancy particle effects .

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

July 11th, 2014, 23:07
I'm guessing it's simply a matter of difficulty setting. Even DA2 was hard on the highest setting.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

July 12th, 2014, 01:25
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I'm guessing it's simply a matter of difficulty setting. Even DA2 was hard on the highest setting.
Yes, but it wasn't really all that tactical — just an endurance slog.

RedSocialKnight

the stronger, slower one

July 12th, 2014, 22:00
Yeah, I think I'll be taking a pass on this. They're just making too many games that better match my taste for me to feel desperate enough to buy this on release. Maybe a gold edition on sale, if that, unless folks around here start raving about something I'm failing to see in these videos.

I know it was mentioned by others in another thread, but the camera angle shown here does indeed suck. Directly behind and pointing slightly up? I guess that's the perfect angle to fully view the ridiculous giant weapons everyone has on their backs…

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age: Inquisition - Gameplay Trailer #2