|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » After Reset - Character Creation Overview

Default After Reset - Character Creation Overview

July 16th, 2014, 17:37
Mr. Nixon of Black Cloud Studios released the next kickstarter update for After Reset with a new video that shows the games main menu, and character creation.

Main Menu and Character Creation Overview

Here's short but informative video capture from the main menu and character creation overview in After Reset RPG in full HD1080:

Just keep in mind that the work is still in progress and that the background scenes will change according your story/place progression (like it was in KOTOR).
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; July 16th, 2014 at 18:00.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

July 16th, 2014, 17:37
(typo in article title)

zentr.

Watcher

July 16th, 2014, 18:00
Originally Posted by zentr. View Post
(typo in article title)
Blame the article not me I just just copy pasted it.

Magic Moderator wand flexed its fixed now.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

July 16th, 2014, 18:38
It's pretty close to funding. I can see why. I think they did a really good job on the campaign.

DarNoor

Sentinel

July 16th, 2014, 20:34
Sorry for typo, guys.

Than you, Dar. We've barrely started: 36 updates are coming

MrNixon

Watcher

July 16th, 2014, 22:00
The game uses alignment? How quaint… It looks good overall though; a nice, clean design.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

July 17th, 2014, 05:08
Now THAT is how you create a character. Loving the similarities to Baldur's Gate. After reading a bit more, this game is now on my radar in a big way.

Edit - I haven't pledged to anything on Kickstarter yet, but I'm taking a close look at this game to be my first one ever. However, I'm kind of bummed that it's going to be released in chapters. How large will these chapters be? Will the future episodes cost more money? Just curious before I pledge. Anyone know?
Last edited by Fluent; July 17th, 2014 at 05:18.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

July 17th, 2014, 05:30
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Now THAT is how you create a character. Loving the similarities to Baldur's Gate. After reading a bit more, this game is now on my radar in a big way.

Edit - I haven't pledged to anything on Kickstarter yet, but I'm taking a close look at this game to be my first one ever. However, I'm kind of bummed that it's going to be released in chapters. How large will these chapters be? Will the future episodes cost more money? Just curious before I pledge. Anyone know?
The original goal was for a million dollars for the complete game, but the first kickstarter failed. So I'm going to say each chapter will probably be a different campaign.

I know many may not like it, but it's probably the only way to make a game of this size.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

July 17th, 2014, 05:36
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The original goal was for a million dollars for the complete game, but the first kickstarter failed. So I'm going to say each chapter will probably be a different campaign.

I know many may not like it, but it's probably the only way to make a game of this size.
I guess I'll have to live with it. I will probably pledge tomorrow. It certainly sounds like something I'd be into.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

July 17th, 2014, 08:10
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post

Thank you, mate, for your warm words.
1. Prologue should be equal to Planescape's Mortuary and Fallout's Temple of Trials together. The complete game's expectations are Fallout 1 plus Fallout 2.
2. Our backers receive full access to each episode and full game final version.

MrNixon

Watcher

July 17th, 2014, 08:13
So I'm going to say each chapter will probably be a different campaign.
Frankly, I reckon that SEA + GOG should fuel future chapters development. But you just got us a spare variant. I really haven't thought about it…

MrNixon

Watcher

July 17th, 2014, 08:54
Originally Posted by MrNixon View Post
Frankly, I reckon that SEA + GOG should fuel future chapters development. But you just got us a spare variant. I really haven't thought about it…
I was just making a guess since this campaign was just for the games prologue. Though it might be a good way to make more chapters later on.

The only downside to that idea is many gamers don't like the episodic model. I still remember about ten years ago when the industry said it was the future.

Last edited by Couchpotato; July 17th, 2014 at 16:48.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

July 17th, 2014, 10:54
Not really for me, but I wish the developers good fortune

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

July 17th, 2014, 17:56
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I was just making a guess since this campaign was just for the games prologue. Though it might be a good way to make more chapters later on.

The only downside to that idea is many gamers don't like the episodic model. I still remember about ten years ago when the industry said it was the future.
Well… I'd argue that we've had that model for the CRGP for a long time. They've just tended to be called sequels, rather than episodes. In terms of consistency, it probably would be better to use an episodic model, since then you need to plan out the plot longer term. The marketing problem becomes one of convincing the audience you're not just milking a revenue stream. In that sense, sequels have done better.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

July 17th, 2014, 18:23
It looks like it got funded. Good for them.

DarNoor

Sentinel

July 17th, 2014, 20:11
Yup, it is.
Means another RPG to play till TW3 gets released, luckily it'll be a short one.

Congrats BCS!

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » After Reset - Character Creation Overview