Dragon Age: Inquisition - a collector without game...

the_dagon

Watchdog
The Inquisitor’s Edition will retail at $169.99 USD containing :

• Highly detailed exclusive Inquisitor Collector's Edition case produced by TriForce, approximately 8.5” x 13.5” x 14.5”
    • The case is wrapped in faux reptile skin and has the mark of the Inquisitor stamped on top in gold foil, with an interior fitted with imprinted red silk
  • Cloth map of Thedas drawn to scale, approximately 22” x 32”
  • 72 card Major and Minor Arcana tarot card deck with custom artwork depicting mythology from Dragon Age lore
  • Inquisitor full scale, six piece, lock tool set
  • One set of four full-scale map markers, each approximately3.5” x 3.5” x 4”
  • Inquisitor's badge
  • Quill and inkpot
  • 40-page Inquisitor's journal
  • Orlesian coins
  • Limited-edition SteelBook™ case to house your copy of the game
European customers could have feared a direct conversion : 1 $ = 1 €, but seems it's worse.

The french Inquisitor Edition has been confirmed to be sold only €99.99, and will contain every goodies, including the steel case for the DVD...

...but french/(European?) customers just have to buy the game apart, (or try to steal it using the lockpicks provided in the box :) ) as there won't be any game in the collector's box...

Nice idea...

More information.

Inquisitor full scale, six piece, lock tool set
Sadly, this is just a replica.
If it was a fully functional set, I'd instabuy the edition, no matter what else is in and no matter possible upcoming DLC scam.

Congrats to the_dagon on his first post here at the watch :)

They are going to sell a bunch of these. Anyone who has played Origins and II to a lesser extent knows this is going to be one of the greats. Or should be lol.

I'm not sure if I would have plunked down $170 for a CE even back in Bioware's glory years. I certainly wouldn't do it now.

The most archaic relic you get in the CE is a DVD copy of the game. Such an outdated concept.

Who buys this garbage? Suckers.

Definitely not my thing but people are free to do whatever they like with their money. If it makes them happy, how are they suckers?

The world doesn't lack for people doing worse with their money, like paying to kill themselves with cigarettes, or worse, or toxic sludge passing as food and it's not like most of our services that we can't live without (how much do you pay per year for a fancy phone - I feel like a sucker every time I see my phone or cable bills - that stuff is criminally overpriced in a way that makes the mafia jealous) are any kind of great deal.

The game may not be great, but that is a great Collector's Edition. Damn. I wish they would have made something like that for the Baldur's Gate games!

Edit - I would have liked to see an in-depth strategy guide, though. That's assuming the game actually has strategy :D.

The world doesn't lack for people doing worse with their money, like paying to kill themselves with cigarettes
That'd be me.
And it makes me happy.

If it makes them happy, how are they suckers?
Oooh, you say the nicest things… I'm in love. :D

The game may not be great, but that is a great Collector's Edition.
By the looks of it, I mean those vids not Gaider's PR crap blogs, it could be a great game. We'll know in a few months.

By the looks of it, I mean those vids not Gaider's PR crap blogs, it could be a great game. We'll know in a few months.

I'm not saying it won't be. As you said, we'll know in a few months.

I just hope there is enough "RPG nerd satisfaction level" for me in this game. I don't want action-adventure games with a few RPG-lite elements, I want a heavy RPG!

I just have to be honest here...

Even though I loved some of biowares older games (don't mention time spent on BG and BG2)
and really enjoyed DA:O and actually found really a LOT OF WORTH in ME trilogy (give me the developer who whould do something similar...)
I wouldn't spend 100+$ on a game.

Well, as someone said, if I were given a complete set of armour maybe..
I´m a family man. there is always other ways to spend money :)

C

I'm not the guy for physical stuff as well, I woudn't pay a single additional penny. All I need is a game on my HD, the possibility to redownload it and a DVD as a backup (in case Steam/GOG servers get destroyed in World War 3 and I survive).

Sometimes when you know something is going to be really promising you go the extra mile. I'm not too into cars so when people spend loads on that stuff I laugh. Mostly because I have no idea about it. I guess those are two completely different things.

Back
Top Bottom