Wasteland 2 - Hands On Preview @ RPGFan

aries100

SasqWatch
Robert Steinman from RPGFan has written a preview article based on hands--on time
with the game.
A quote, then, on, the UI:

Admittedly, the UI is a bit clunky for my taste. I didn't understand that I had to click on a skill on my hotbar before trying to use the computer skills given to one of my party members. I just assumed they would automatically perform the designated task, but W2 is rather old school in asking you to pay attention to the world and how you can interact with it.
A quote about player choices:

I was tasked with repairing repeater units at two different locations. With only enough time to choose one, I had to decide between the aforementioned science center or a highly inhabited area under attack by raiders. Your commanding officer tasks you with making the decision, and this level of player choice could lead to a great deal of replayability.
More information.

I'm torn on this one. Having a skill automatically take effect when environment is clicked makes sense, but if you must select it THEN click the environment technically you solved a puzzle. Some might like that extra degree of thinking.

In fact the more I think about the more I like it.

Back
Top Bottom