NWN2 - Baldur's Gate II: Reloaded Mod

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
We were sent news of a new mod for NWN2 called Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn Reloaded. The mod is from the same people who made Baldur's Gate Reloaded.

Here is a trailer and mod announcement.

The BGR Team (Shallina, myself, and perhaps a few new and familiar faces), having completed Baldur's Gate: Reloaded, have decided to complete the series and remake Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn + Throne of Bhaal. While we originally made the announcement over a month ago, it sounds like many of you in this awesome community are not on Facebook which is where we do most of our communication. I greatly value your guys' input and comments, so it would be a shame to not include many of you whom I deeply respect and admire in our updates and conversations about the upcoming campaign.

More information.

I respect the work behind this, but sorry.
NWN to me means NPI.
Not playing it.

I respect the work behind this, but sorry.
NWN to me means NPI.
Not playing it.
I just knew you would say that Joxer. You never change.;)

We will continue to have different viewpoints about the NWN games.

Last edited:
I lub the NWN games. Some of the best stuff out there. HiddenX is a great resource for NWN stuff. I'm not sure if he's as big into NWN2. I'll probably take a look at this when its done. I've been on a real AD&D kick recently and am currently playing through Icewind Dale.

Npi ?

I liked nwn2 character generation a lot. I spend more time there than playing. I wish larian's next game ties the character background into the story and progression (orders to join, several progression paths to follow inside a faction, quest solutions depend your background etc)

NWN 1/2 were very enjoyable, though flawed games. I actually preferred NWN2 as far as story goes. For both games, the expansions were even better than the original stories.

That said, I have no interest in playing this mod.

I liked NWN2 (and fortunately re-purchased it on STEAM before it was removed). It was a slow-paced game, but decisions felt important and coop with my nerdy buddies was like our church. It's settings could be mundane but lets face it, so is dungeons and dragons. To me, enjoyment from NWN came from combing over all its possibilities.

I'm more interested in these Reloaded projects than I am the "Enhanced" cashgrabs.
I'd be more interested than you if it was made in Unity or D:OS engine.
But Aurora? If it was that good, Bioware would still be making games in it.

I'd be more interested than you if it was made in Unity or D:OS engine.
But Aurora? If it was that good, Bioware would still be making games in it.

If you can get past the age of the graphics and technology (any many people can), it's still one of the best tools around for building party-based CRPG modules and campaigns. Especially if you like D&D v3.5. No doubt it will become supplanted in time.

If you don't like it... meh, it's no skin off my nose.

Really enjoyed BGR (though I haven't finished it yet). Would definitely play BG2R, but I can't imagine how long this is going to take them.

If you can get past the age of the graphics and technology (any many people can)
I just can't.
In a year nextgen consoles came and DDR4 is knocking on doors I just can't. Sorry.

If I could, I'd still be using my good old Nokia3310. Sadly, I can't run Viber on it.

I still think NWN2 looks absolutely beautiful, but then graphics have never been that huge a priority to me.

Well sorry but graphics in BG and PST, both older games and on older engine, look at least twice as better to me than pathetic vectors&polygons in NWN.
But okay, Infinity never had modtools widely available. So? Unity does. And D:OS too. Hell I'd buy BG remake in RPGmaker - just not NWN!

Well sorry but graphics in BG and PST, both older games and on older engine, look at least twice as better to me than pathetic vectors&polygons in NWN.
But okay, Infinity never had modtools widely available. So? Unity does. And D:OS too. Hell I'd buy BG remake in RPGmaker - just not NWN!

Well, we are talking about NWN2, not NWN, just to be clear. NWN2 is much nicer looking than NWN. I prefer the 3-D Iso graphics of the IE games though, so don't feel alone.

Yep, enhanced editions don't cut it for me either. I've seen better remakes from amateurs than what that group put out. I didn't see a lick of passion in the "enhanced" editions.

Thanks for the link to the original Couch! I may just stop IWD and go try this.

I'm enjoying BG2 EE a lot, very impressed with it + didnt have to go through reading about which mods and resolution patches etc to install. Just the new looting system is worth the price alone..

Does these Reloaded editions come with the voice overs and music from BG? NWN 2 has aged really badly graphically imo, i think the 2D version looks much better. Would be interesting to try though.

For BGR, they incorporated both the cut scenes and all the voice/music, so I imagine they will do the same for BG2R.

I'm enjoying BG2 EE a lot, very impressed with it + didnt have to go through reading about which mods and resolution patches etc to install. Just the new looting system is worth the price alone..

What new looting system would that be? Are you talking about the addition of potion/scroll/gem cases?

I also agree that BG:EE and BG2:EE are great experiences. I never played the originals to see how different they are, but the EE versions are well worth playing, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom