|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Broken Hourglass - Point-Buy Strategies @ Official Site

Default The Broken Hourglass - Point-Buy Strategies @ Official Site

August 22nd, 2007, 15:25
Planewalker sent over a note on their latest update for The Broken Hourglass. This week, they look at point-buying during character creation. Here is the blurb:
The third week of the month brings a new look at the rules and mechanics of the upcoming RPG The Broken Hourglass. This time around, the rules department offers a column on devising strategies for spending experience points most effectively—with four primary attributes, dozens of secondary abilities and special skill-boosting traits to choose from, the decision isn't easy. Read up on the emerging strategies.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 22nd, 2007, 15:26
They are really putting a lot of thought into this game. This system for point allocation and skills focus looks very versatile. I like the idea that you have options and that nothing seems forced on you.
If you are not into agonizing over your level ups, you can choose a level path and not focus on micromanagement. If you prefer to have the input into a lot of specialized skills and feats(traits) it's there. And they're not neglecting the building of a very detailed world to do it all in. I'm looking forward to this game.

Wish there were some new screenshots, though.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

August 22nd, 2007, 16:14
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
Wish there were some new screenshots, though.
I know - that is what I did after reading. I though - sounds great, now show me some goodies!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Broken Hourglass - Point-Buy Strategies @ Official Site