|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Patch 1.0.107 Released

Default Original Sin - Patch 1.0.107 Released

August 9th, 2014, 08:52
It seems Larian Studios released another patch on Steam for Divinity: Original Sin this week. As usual here are some of the changes, and updates from the patch.

Update V1.0.107

We had a small holiday to recuperate from the release but are back now and are going to continue with updating and improving Divinity:Original Sin.

Expect new companions, plenty of quality of life improvements (in the game at least ) and more from us in the coming weeks.

Today's update includes a number of fixes and also introduces UI scaling.

Just go to options/game and use the UI scaling slader if you the user interface is too small/large for you.

Here is the list of other changes:

Introduced UI scaling
Fixed translations of the journal, level names and secrets
Fix for corrupted packed files
Fixed the modding menu
Fixed Henchman XP issue when hiring
Fixed status icons being empty when a character is charmed
Fixed issues when characters stopped following each other
Fixed crash when closing trade before icons are loaded
Fixed invulnerable status of death knights being reapplied after save/load
Minimap moved back to top layer
Fixed rare crash when resurrecting
Fixed Henchmen changing visual after save/load
Fixed race condition with cooperative dialogs
Improved memory footprint on win32
Fixed enemy portrait targeting with special arrows

Editor fixes

AI grid generation fix
It's now easier to add new scripts
Fixed a number of crashes
Improved error reporting when there's an issue with file copying
Remove Perforce status icons if you don't have perforce
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 9th, 2014, 08:52
The UI scaling is awesome. Thanks, Larian.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

August 9th, 2014, 14:24
Get ready for someone to say only 9 more patches then the game will be ready.

"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

August 9th, 2014, 14:46
Is the patch on gog as well?

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

August 9th, 2014, 15:12
At their current rate at least 9 more patches seems likely.

Seems like they took it out of early access a couple months to early. I'll continue to wait.

sakichop

SasqWatch

August 9th, 2014, 15:41
jay for UI scaling!
i was thinking they were thinking that some modder will take care of that.
only 9 more patches then the game will be ready for my first playthrough

kopija

Traveler

August 9th, 2014, 16:15
Pretty glowing recommendation from James of Extra Credits (a great series about game design if you haven't seen it) that mentions the bugs as perhaps the one significant hold up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eaS…M1JavPCOr_Uydg

jhwisner

SasqWatch

August 9th, 2014, 16:17
By the time I get around to playing this, it will be nicely polished, good to see all the fixes they are continuing to do.

Arkadia7

Sentinel

August 9th, 2014, 16:46
Bah. The game is good as it is, no need for any more patches.
All they need is to do some nerfs on crafting and some talents and finally start working on D:OS2.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

August 9th, 2014, 17:25
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Seems like they took it out of early access a couple months to early.
Bullshit alarm.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

August 9th, 2014, 17:45
The baking is coming along nicely, almost fit for me to play!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

August 9th, 2014, 18:42
I couldn't help myself; finally caved in and bought the game this weekend. I might sneak in some time tomorrow to test it for a bit.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards

August 9th, 2014, 23:05
Well it sure looks like the game is selling very well and since it is buggy I think they can afford to keep patching it to keep a good reputation with their customers that they care about the quality of their game. I think they do, too.

I'm letting it bake too and if they do get all of the important bugs (and more) patched that's even more money in the bank for Larian's future projects!

Daroou

Sentinel

August 9th, 2014, 23:16
Originally Posted by Daroou View Post
Well it sure looks like the game is selling very well and since it is buggy I think they can afford to keep patching it to keep a good reputation with their customers that they care about the quality of their game.
I think saying it's buggy is simply wrong. I started my playthrough the day it came out, and I ran into less bugs than you would in your average game released today. Also, I think it crashed-to-desktop on me a grand total of once, in 120+ hours.

Stingray

Sentinel

August 10th, 2014, 02:07
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
I think saying it's buggy is simply wrong. I started my playthrough the day it came out, and I ran into less bugs than you would in your average game released today. Also, I think it crashed-to-desktop on me a grand total of once, in 120+ hours.
I agree. There is the occasional bug. But to classify this game as a "buggy" is misleading. Skyrim was a buggy mess on release - D:OS on the other hand was delivered quite polished, though not perfect. I've yet to encounter a single CTD in about 30 hours and the two or three bugs I've observed are minor.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

August 10th, 2014, 02:10
My experience is in-line with this. I don't consider the patches to be necessary, but as improvements made from a developer who has true pride in their work and has decided that they can make an already outstandingly well-crafted game even better.
It is certainly a premium title as it stands, and those who feel they need to wait around until it's updated X more times are doing so quite unnecessarily.

Michael Dean

Watchdog

August 10th, 2014, 02:14
Another +1 from me. I've put 60 hours in and have yet to come across a bug (that I noticed at least, no crashes).

It is nice to see the continued support but the game is most definitely ready to play now.

xenocide

Watcher

August 10th, 2014, 02:26
Originally Posted by Michael Dean View Post
It is certainly a premium title as it stands, and those who feel they need to wait around until it's updated X more times are doing so quite unnecessarily.
I haven't been waiting because of bug fixes but because of content updates. They are going to be adding two new companions in one of the next patches, for example. I believe I will very much appreciate this added level of variety when I finally start playing the game. And if, as they've said, they manage to add in more convenience features then that's very welcome as well, of course.

I generally don't have all that much time for gaming and I usually only play games once so, knowing fully well that this is a special game (as a backer I've played some of the alpha/beta), I want to play the best and most complete version as possible.
And so the waiting game continues (which is made easy by a ridiculous backlog… it's not like I wouldn't know what to play in the meantime ).

Moriendor

Spielkind

+1:

August 10th, 2014, 03:24
It's not buggy but it could definitely be improved by more patches; anything from more companion options to better skill balance to better enemy AI to less reliance on 100% random chests would do wonders for the game.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

August 10th, 2014, 04:57
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
I haven't been waiting because of bug fixes but because of content updates. They are going to be adding two new companions in one of the next patches, for example. I believe I will very much appreciate this added level of variety when I finally start playing the game. And if, as they've said, they manage to add in more convenience features then that's very welcome as well, of course.

I generally don't have all that much time for gaming and I usually only play games once so, knowing fully well that this is a special game (as a backer I've played some of the alpha/beta), I want to play the best and most complete version as possible.
And so the waiting game continues (which is made easy by a ridiculous backlog… it's not like I wouldn't know what to play in the meantime ).
I feel you there. I've been able to play only a few lengthy stints myself, owing that to a most fortunate flu bug, so I am nowhere near finished. Suffice it to say that you should greatly enjoy the experience once you get time; it is truly a masterpiece. I don't throw high praises around for games much these days, but this title is highly deserving.

Michael Dean

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Patch 1.0.107 Released