SW:TOR - The Return of Revan

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I'd rather guess it's another Dread Master ...

That does look like Revan's mask and cloak, but that doesn't mean it's him. Pretty sure Revan is both redeemed and fairly dead at this point, so it could either be a Dread Master or perhaps even the Emperor. There are a few class quests (Inquisitor I think) indicating that he is just kind of dead.

That does look like Revan's mask and cloak, but that doesn't mean it's him. Pretty sure Revan is both redeemed and fairly dead at this point, so it could either be a Dread Master or perhaps even the Emperor. There are a few class quests (Inquisitor I think) indicating that he is just kind of dead.

Given the name of the teaser, I think you're quite wrong :)

Unless, of course, it's some kind of deliberate dupe that's supposed to be a big reveal. AFAIK, some of the latest SWtOR content already signaled his return, though I haven't personally experienced it.

The name of the teaser is simply "A Deadly Force Returns". It doesn't say Revan. Also, the Emperor was more or less connected to Revan for 300 years and kept him alive through his own dark rituals. He's also the one who controlled Revan and turned him to the dark side in KotOR.

Revan is already present in TOR, and the players can bump into him from time to time, so who's returning? Also, a second fall? Really? I'm hoping that isn't the case, as Revan has been used and abused to the point where it's getting silly.

I really hope they're more creative than that.

The name of the teaser is simply "A Deadly Force Returns". It doesn't say Revan. Also, the Emperor was more or less connected to Revan for 300 years and kept him alive through his own dark rituals. He's also the one who controlled Revan and turned him to the dark side in KotOR.

Revan is already present in TOR, and the players can bump into him from time to time, so who's returning? Also, a second fall? Really? I'm hoping that isn't the case, as Revan has been used and abused to the point where it's getting silly.

I really hope they're more creative than that.

Personally, I have no clue about the story - so you could be right.

But I've heard that the tactical operation (or flashpoint) called Rakata "something" was supposed to deal with this.

Honestly, I couldn't care less - as I never found the storytelling in SWtOR all that good. The delivery was great, but the actual writing was mostly bad to mediocre.

Rakata Prime, which is basically the home world of the Rakata. The one Revan visits in KotOR. Revan was back already before that tho, in a flash point called the Foundry or some such thing. If I remember correctly, Revan's been in TOR since it launched, so it's not like he's returning now in any way.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they re-use Revan as a main character or villain yet again. It's really getting silly now though, so I hope it isn't the case. It reminds me of Palpatine in the post-SW6 EU. It was more fan fiction than proper literature, and it just didn't work.

It's become clownesque, they really just should have left the character alone, it's called beating a dead horse. It was only interesting when you knew almost nothing about it.

It's become clownesque, they really just should have left the character alone, it's called beating a dead horse. It was only interesting when you knew almost nothing about it.

Which one ? The Dread Masters ?

Well, he is killed off/mysteriously disappears in one of the flashpoints (which is canonically later than the Jedi Knight class storyline), so he is supposedly dead, but now he returns.

Which, in my opinion, is a wonderful example of taking a beloved character and turning it into MMO raid fodder. I'm not pleased, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom