Wasteland 2 - Officially Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well the wait is over as InXile Entertainment announces that Wasteland 2 is now released on Steam, and on GOG in two versions Classic and Deluxe.

They also have a new kickstarter update about the release from Brian Fargo.
I can hardly believe that it has been two and half years since I stood out in the Mojave Desert and started the filming of my Kickstarter campaign. All the while knowing it was the last and only hope for a Wasteland 2.

I’m very proud that we have delivered on our promise of the deep and nuanced CRPG that you had all been hoping for. I’m also quite proud of the team at inXile for their hard work and passion to deliver something special. It was the highlight of my career when you stepped up to support the development of this game. Having your trust meant everything and there was no way we were going to let you down.

I am really looking forward to seeing all of your comments and the unique experiences you’ll have. So much of the detail is not obvious at first as you will carve a natural path through the world, there are so many numerous ways to handle situations. If you ever think you are stuck, there are probably 2-4 more ways to handle it. In fact, we’ve re-visited the concept of where and how a game can end so some of you will find vastly different endings that don’t all take place at the same point in the story.

The power of a great RPG to me is that the memory of the time I spent playing stays with me long after I finished the game. I hope this has the same lasting effect like the classics have done prior.

If you are loving the game, feel free to shout it to the rooftops. We just want to keep making RPGs for decades to come and your support in every way helps make that a reality for us.
More information.

Looks like I have to stop playing Age of Wonders III, and Endless Legends now. So can any of the early players tell me how how buggy the game is. I'm just curious.

I never played the Beta either so I'm excited right now.:excited:

great. hopefully it will set the standard back up as in the old days !

but there's still a lot of patching to be done from what I read in the reviews. Not bugs necessarily , just lack of polish

I don't know when I'll get around to playing this, but I'd love to hear some feedback from the Watch. Especially if you can manage to avoid the usual old-school bias ;)

Looking forward to play this after finishing Risen 3 and D:OS, which will be somewhen in December I think. :)

So I would except a twitch stream to be up any minute now, with the winner of "first finish" competition video? anyone heard if it's up yet ?

Sweet! Now, do I redeem on GOG or Steam... ?

Steam has the advantage it updates more smoothly, then again, that is also its disadvantage as there is no way to DISABLE that (which seriously, we're in 2014, not 1990). Unless I am missing something?
Didn't I read something about a GOG service that included an updater too a while ago?

Right, GOG will release a client similar to the Steam client "soon", which is called GOG Galaxy.
I have high hopes that it will contain the most important convenience features, so I redeemed a GOG key for WL2 (as I did with D:OS).
Currently it really is annoying to patch a GOG game when it's patched often, but I think it'll change as soon as GOG Galaxy is released.

I installed the game yesterday thinking that i could preload the game before official release today, but now steam is re-downloading the game again :/

i must be missing something here...??

Steam is telling me it's 22GB.

Steam was telling me that too, but the download size was actually smaller than that.

So from the first couple of minutes I can tell:
-A couple of additional Portraits, yay!
-Stuttering in intro is gone
-German Translation is only recommended for those who don't understand english at all. There are several mistakes and the flow of words just doesn't feel good. But if you are in total need of a translation it will probably do the job. And of course all voice overs are in english anyways. So reading Vargas Text in the beginning will be a pain in the ass. You can disable voiceovers in the menu then.
Personally I'll rather play in english under these circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom