|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » Best RPG From E3?

Poll: Best RPG from E3?

Poll Options
Best RPG from E3?

Default Best RPG From E3?

June 8th, 2009, 12:41
So, E3 has come and gone and although previews will continue to flow for at least the next two months, most of the new media is out and the main sites have presented their big articles.

There really weren't any surprises and we didn't see Fallout: New Vegas, Risen, Diablo III, Two Worlds: Temptation or a bunch of others. Some of the smaller games might yet get a few previews down the track.

Still, from the small group we did see - what grabbed you the most?

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 8th, 2009, 12:55
The only ones I remember seeing in videos are Arcania and Alpha Protocol. Oh and Dragon Age. So I'm guessing my top one is Dragon Age.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

June 8th, 2009, 13:39
I picked Divinity 2 as it is the only one where the console-centric and casual-friendly focus didn't lower my expectations for the game …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

June 8th, 2009, 14:21
Alpha Protocol and Disciples III but since I consider Disciples to belong to the Turn Based Strategy genre. My vote goes for AP. It's a shame that there wasn't Risen at E3.

Dagon

Watchdog

June 8th, 2009, 14:59
Originally Posted by Dagon View Post
Alpha Protocol and Disciples III but since I consider Disciples to belong to the Turn Based Strategy genre. My vote goes for AP. It's a shame that there wasn't Risen at E3.
I didn't vote for Disciples 3 for the same thing, to me it's closer to HOMM and even King's Bounty than an RPG.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

June 8th, 2009, 15:01
Was there any RPG at E3? I haven't heard about anything. Only about action games with RPG elements.

Konjad

Watch traitor from Codex

June 8th, 2009, 15:40
Originally Posted by Konjad View Post
Was there any RPG at E3? I haven't heard about anything. Only about action games with RPG elements.
haha good point!

Also Disciples III looks sweet!

Dagon

Watchdog

June 8th, 2009, 15:50
Originally Posted by Konjad View Post
They were there, but silly Wii-like controls got 75% of coverage, and Dark & Gritty action games with or without large numbers after them got the rest ..

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

June 8th, 2009, 16:05
I confess that I chose Arcania mostly because I'm really looking forward to it (and have high hopes, naive or not), but I also thought it showed really well at E3.

I would have thought Dragon Age would win the poll (perhaps it still will), but I forgot that we here have concerns about what's in store. ;-p

I have to admit that I didn't see all that much of Divinity II, but maybe that's just 'cuz I warn't lookin'.

rbtroj

Watchdog

June 8th, 2009, 16:55
I didn't folow theE3 but Since DD2 is on my to have list, and it seems so interesting I voted that, second will be Alpha Protocol, can't wait to try a demo out from that game. Probably a buyer too

This is my way of the Ninja: I never take back my word

titus

Substitute Shinigami

Send a message via MSN to titus

June 8th, 2009, 22:05
Mass effect 2 even though I didn't play 1 yet.

So sue me.

northreign

SkyPirate

June 8th, 2009, 23:43
Dragon Age isn't an action/RPG. It's the only one but…still…there is one. I'm actually looking forward to a handful of these but I picked Divinity, because I think it is the most ambitious. It could also fail pretty hard if they get the dragon mechanic wrong but it's an interesting attempt.

Dragon Age because I'm hoping BioWare can get some of the old mojo back and Alpha Protocol to hopefully provide some Deus Ex-like goodness. Fingers crossed.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 9th, 2009, 05:01
I am both cynical and hopeful … will spend the money and hope I'm well rewarded.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

June 9th, 2009, 12:09
Please correct ArcaniA's name
I gotta see some Dragon Age and Divinity II footage,I think I'll vote for ArcaniA because it's better than I expected but haven't decided yet.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

June 9th, 2009, 14:51
The SW: Tor trailer was the most amazing trailer this year by a wide margin. However, since it's not on the list (and rightfully so), I voted for ME2 - the info on ME2 was generally more interesting than other games, and the trailer was more of a teaser than the things released for Dragon Age, ArcaniA, etc.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

June 9th, 2009, 14:55
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
The SW: Tor trailer was the most amazing trailer this year by a wide margin. However, since it's not on the list (and rightfully so), I voted for ME2 - the info on ME2 was generally more interesting than other games, and the trailer was more of a teaser than the things released for Dragon Age, ArcaniA, etc.
I think we had too much Dragon Age material kinda spoiling many things.
I'm surprised to see ME2 in a list with RPGs but anyway.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

June 9th, 2009, 15:18
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
If you mean the trailer of the battle at the temple… that doesn't tell me anything about a game. It'd be like having footage of a WW2 battle as a trailer for Call of Duty.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

June 9th, 2009, 16:03
Venetica.
Hopefully it won´t end up as juvenile and linear hack´n´slash.
Its setting and premise simply grabbed me the most.

What you think about most, is what you become.

DeepO

deep outside

June 9th, 2009, 17:21
Voted for Div 2, mostly because of Disciples being more a strat title, and I haven't paid a lot of attention to any of the other titles except DA.

If the poll had been which of these games will you most likely actually buy and play, it would be a tie with Divinity 2 and Disciples III, followed by a possible purchase for Venetica, with Dragon Age now pretty much a definite wait and see.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

June 9th, 2009, 22:33
I voted Disciples 3 even though it's not really an RPG I guess. This is the one time that I am excited that the gameplay of a franchise I like, is being overhauled. The previous games got boring extremely fast and the combat is mind blowing simple to the point of not being fun at times. It looks like they kept the art style intact which is essential I think, the only thing is that I want my Undead back!!!

Thoth

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » Best RPG From E3?