|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » The Broken Hourglass

Default The Broken Hourglass

November 6th, 2006, 18:42
More information.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 6th, 2006, 18:42
Might as well kick off the game comment forums.

Anybody else here believing this game sounds darn interesting? The magic system is very nice, offers some new strategies, but I can't help but feel something isn't going to go right with this game …

I dream of a day when chickens can cross roads without their motives questioned.

Khass

Watchdog

November 6th, 2006, 23:16
It's one of the RPGs I'm looking the most forward to, after Gothic 3. The magic system sounds interesting and the team really seems to know what they want to accomplish. Of course I'd prefer TB combat instead of real time with pause, but you can't fight progress it seems

Cormac

Sentinel

November 7th, 2006, 02:35
I'm hopeful that this will be one of my key buys down the track. I love finding little gems from small developers; I still remember taking a punt on the original Gothic. I had to order from the UK, which is NOT cheap, but am I ever glad I did!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

November 7th, 2006, 13:49
Added that to my 'watch list' I agree Corwin - sweet to find these little gems!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

November 11th, 2006, 09:39
Ranks third on my expected list. The story so far sounds quite interesting. Highly reminiscent of Baldur's Gate with some nice tweaks to the character system that remind me of Arcanum.

Arma

Sentinel

May 8th, 2007, 20:06
Lifes too short for another series of baldur's gate style games. I still need to finish over half of them.

But yeah I added that to my watchlist.

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

June 8th, 2007, 13:41
They definitely know their target audience, none of this flashy but vacuous sales hype, just lots of releases about the detailed statistical workings of the game. Far more exciting, to a stats nerd like me anyway.

Benedict

SasqWatch

January 8th, 2008, 08:23
I'm hoping this game will turn out very much like bg2. I have high expectation for this game as well because ppl from pocketplane have come up with really fantastic bg2 mods! they make beautiful mods, they do! although I'm a bit disppointed that surayah mod because they are working on broken hour glass. aww.

purpleblob

Princess

January 8th, 2008, 18:06
I realize there have been holidays and stuff going on, with the developers probably being quite busy, but already when the news were posted about the latest update "Stagnation and Death: A Look at Tolmira's Pantheon" I got extremely worried that they were terminating development, before reading the second half of the headline. That Jason Compton mentioned they had exceeded their budget in an interview didn't help my pessimism. After that we've had what I believe is the longest time span between updates since the site was launched, with the clock still counting. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing more about the project.

KazikluBey

Sentinel

January 8th, 2008, 18:27
I also am a bit apprehensive at this point, KazkluBey. I check almost every day in case of an update and as you say, it's been quite awhile. I also find it a bit worrying that we never seem to get any updated screenshots, concept art, etc that would indicate ongoing development. I hope all these fears are groundless and they've just hit a temporary snag or two, because i really like the looks of this game world.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

January 9th, 2008, 00:49
yes, lets hope the project wont be abandoned due to budget or some other kind of problems.

btw happy birthday magerette! just noticed while browsing forum

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

January 9th, 2008, 02:30
Thanks very much. At my age it's more a chill than a thrill, but it beats the alternative.

I haven't had a chance to welcome you to the boards but I love it when other females have the excellent gaming taste to join us here. Please plan to stick around and help mitigate the testosterone levels.

magerette

Hedgewitch

January 9th, 2008, 02:56
Well, let's send an email off to Jason and see what he says. *sends email*

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 9th, 2008, 04:30
any answer yet? I suppose I can ask in pocketplane forum as well. I know he is active in that forum since De'Arnise romance has just been released.

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

January 9th, 2008, 06:10
Actually - yes. Jason writes that he is about to take a very short holiday/trip but TBH is still very much a going concern. More to come soon, hopefully.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 29th, 2008, 07:25
As it is, I vacation very poorly—I don't like missing work, I worry about what I'm missing at home, then I finally get into the swing of things and it's time to come back and I find I don't want to work anymore…

…and then, somewhere between Denver and Madison, my wife and I pick up the Demon Cold of Debilitating Destruction. Aiee.

The concern is appreciated, but the December/January quiet on the PWG site was simply due to the usual combination of holiday nonsense, vacations and illnesses included. We'll get back to a healthier, less concern-inducing update schedule soon.

It would actually help us a bit if we had some additional questions to answer. Particularly on the rules-and-game-mechanics front, which are popular pieces, I feel like we've already fired most of our bullets. What do you want to hear more about in our soon-to-be-resumed Monday updates?

The Broken Hourglass, a new CRPG under development at Planewalker Games.

jcompton

Traveler

January 29th, 2008, 09:28
Thanks, Jason. I'll put my thinking cap on and come up with some stuff.

Obviously, many folks would like more media and details on the progress as well.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 29th, 2008, 16:56
I'm not looking for anything formal. If there's something you want to hear more about, just shout it out. ("Explain that d80 thing again!" or "Let's hear more about the NPCs!" or whatever.)

The Broken Hourglass, a new CRPG under development at Planewalker Games.

jcompton

Traveler

January 29th, 2008, 17:36
Thanks for the response, Jason. Sorry to hear about the dreaded winter onslaught of illness, and hope you and your wife are all better.

In regards to specific things I personally would like I'd say my top request would be something visual. As you know, I enjoy your fiction pieces on the game world, and the game mechanics are always interesting, but I'm not able to visualize what your game is actually going to look like too well.

magerette

Hedgewitch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » The Broken Hourglass