Ultima VI - CRPG Player’s Handbook

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Ultima Codex posted their article for Felipe Pepe's CRPG Player’s Handbook.

I was debating whether to keep this under wraps until the cRPG Player’s Handbook was published (which, granted, is not going to happen for a while yet), but Felipe Pepe (the book’s editor) evidently liked the review of Ultima 6 I wrote for it enough that he decided to publicize the piece himself.

So there it is, above; a summary of as much of what makes Ultima 6 great as I could squeeze into 3700ish characters.
More information.

Ultima 6 is the blue print for all Jeff Vogel games. So at least he learned something from the old games.

Thanks for the link. That brought back some pleasant memories.

Ultima VI was my first computer game. I didn't get into gaming until my mid 20's. I had only some slight experience with console RPG games but then I played the Nintendo Ultima IV version and loved it. Some time later I was browsing in a computer software store when I came across a just released Ultima VI box. I picked it up out of curiosity, was intrigued on how different the screenshots looked from the NES game I had played but put it back because at that time I didn't have a computer. Next day I came by to read the box again, put it back again. The next day I bought Ultima VI and then had to go see about buying my first computer so I could play it. Gamers gotta game.

Back
Top Bottom