|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds - Reviews @ GameSpot, GameSpy and More

Default Two Worlds - Reviews @ GameSpot, GameSpy and More

September 2nd, 2007, 21:48
Originally Posted by woges View Post
Is there going to be a Watch review of this one then?
It is always possible … I already have to review it elsewhere … don't know about anyone else.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 2nd, 2007, 22:17
Originally Posted by KasperFauerby View Post
7.5 seems fair, 1/5 is insane - it's not nearly that bad!

"Two Worlds drops you in the middle of nowhere, without any instructions, and expects you to survive. This is a hardcore RPG that will turn away beginners within minutes of starting a new game."

This guy cannot have been paying much attention to the game when he played it. The quote is simply wrong! The game starts, you get a main quest, the location you have to go to next in this quest is marked on your map… there is actually a good deal of hand-holding in this game! Often you'll get a quest, and from the description it sounds like you'll have to search for the location - but a small dot on the map always guides you directly to where you need to go. I wonder what this guy would say about Gothic 2's quests if he finds Two Worlds to be a hardcore rpg
Yes, there is a lot of handholding in this game, if you let the game hold your hand that If you hit the L button on your keyboard, you get access to your Logbook. You can then uncheck the checkmarks next to the quests, locations, and cities boxes. Unlike Oblivion, you can turn the handholding OFF.
Last edited by aries100; September 2nd, 2007 at 22:18. Reason: clarification

aries100

Watcher
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

September 3rd, 2007, 01:17
I will likely review it, once I get to play it!! Having to wait so long for a copy is a pain in the gluteus, but that's international releases!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

September 3rd, 2007, 08:55
Originally Posted by KasperFauerby View Post
7.5 seems fair, 1/5 is insane - it's not nearly that bad!

My thoughts exactly. It's far from perfect, but I still think it has some merit and is worth playing. They seemed to have their minds set on ripping this game apart before they even started the review.

As of where I'm at right now I'd give it around a 7.0, but I'm playing the Xbox 360 version.

Just-RPG

Glacian

Traveler

September 3rd, 2007, 19:22
What's so different in the Xbox 360 version that it warrants such differences in opinions? I thought the game looked pretty good with everything turned up and I imagine that the Xbox 360 is more than powerful enough to pull that off.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

September 3rd, 2007, 21:02
No proper multiplayer, and console gamers (rightly) expect a certain level of polish out of the box.

kalniel

SasqWatch

September 3rd, 2007, 21:35
If the witcher is coming so soon, I would have this game for sure. I think I am willing to spend $40-30 dollars on this.

"A strong president, means having the strength to resist the temptation of taking all that power isn't yours" - Ron Paul

"If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions",- Government

mudsling3

Sentinel

September 3rd, 2007, 21:53
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
What's so different in the Xbox 360 version that it warrants such differences in opinions? I thought the game looked pretty good with everything turned up and I imagine that the Xbox 360 is more than powerful enough to pull that off.
It is powerful enough, but it is a matter of optimization and polish. From what I've heard the XBOX30 version looks like a PS2 game at best,and is gimped in terms of MP.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 4th, 2007, 00:23
Originally Posted by aries100 View Post
Yes, there is a lot of handholding in this game, if you let the game hold your hand that If you hit the L button on your keyboard, you get access to your Logbook. You can then uncheck the checkmarks next to the quests, locations, and cities boxes. Unlike Oblivion, you can turn the handholding OFF.
You can always mod it off in Oblivion.

the_oracles_cave

SasqWatch

September 4th, 2007, 10:35
Originally Posted by the_oracles_cave View Post
You can always mod it off in Oblivion.
Technically yes, practically no. The quest design hinges too much on the compass and the popups.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

September 4th, 2007, 11:11
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
It is powerful enough, but it is a matter of optimization and polish. From what I've heard the XBOX30 version looks like a PS2 game at best,and is gimped in terms of MP.
I find that strange. You'd think that it wouldn't be so difficult for a game that was developed towards multiple platforms to at least make it look the same. The screenshots I've seen looked okay and Gamespot says the visuals are "nice-looking." But oh well.

Funny, though. I remember first hearing about this game and thought it could prove very, very interesting as a new contender for the massive open-ended RPG throne. Now, it seems it's just not really up to the original potential I first saw in it. Same for Gothic 3, I thought nothing could go wrong with the title. Goes to show that you can't trust PR, screenshots and first instincts.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

September 4th, 2007, 11:31
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
I find that strange. You'd think that it wouldn't be so difficult for a game that was developed towards multiple platforms to at least make it look the same. The screenshots I've seen looked okay and Gamespot says the visuals are "nice-looking." But oh well.
Yep, apparently it is a mess, couple of quotes:
"A friend of mine, who was completely stoked for the 360 release, says it is the "worst game he has ever played." "

"Yeah, the framerate is really, really bad. It makes everything feel clunky. "

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 11th, 2007, 16:42
review by GameBanshee

http://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/s…twoworlds1.php

Dark Savant

Sentinel

September 11th, 2007, 19:42
Originally Posted by Dark Savant View Post
review by GameBanshee

http://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/s…twoworlds1.php
I posted the review this morning but hadn't read your post, Dark Savant. But thanks! The subsite itself also looks like it will have a lot of resources.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

September 11th, 2007, 21:41
Is something wrong with "Submit News" feature on the front page? I regularly use this feature but nobody seems to post my news, lately.

Dark Savant

Sentinel

September 12th, 2007, 02:03
Do you have an example of something missed? I don't see anything outstanding?

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds - Reviews @ GameSpot, GameSpy and More