|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Armeggon Empires-PA TB Strat Demo

Default Armeggon Empires-PA TB Strat Demo

September 4th, 2007, 18:27
I ran across this little number in my daily voyage across the internet, and it looks like it might appeal to some of the people here. It's an Indie turn based strategy game set in a post-apocalyptic world, and this is the latest version of the demo at gamershell.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

September 4th, 2007, 19:57
The demo, unless they've issued a new one, contains no tutorial at all. There's a .pdf manual if you want to print it off though.
But the game has zero tool-tips or anything in-game that actually explains any of the features, which put me right off.

You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken

September 4th, 2007, 21:52
I hate that, too. You'd think that the first concern of making a demo would be to make the game accessible and inviting. Especially an Indie game. At least on this one they've put a huge a pdf manual on the dev's website (Cryptic Comet) that looks pretty exhaustive if you think it's worth checking out.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

September 4th, 2007, 22:06
Yeah, but the demo doesn't even support alt-tab out or windowed mode, so if you want to access the manual you've got to waste the paper and ink to print it.

You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken

September 4th, 2007, 22:15
What, you can't memorize 58 pages of text? What kind of a strat gamer are you, my son?

Seriously—this isn't a game I probably would play(—the guns and all, you know. I'm a pointy-hatted wizard fan personally—) and most especially not if I have to struggle through a demo that requires ESP.

Just stuck it up for the kind of unique approach.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

September 4th, 2007, 22:21
Well, from what I've read from people who have persevered through the demo, it's quite a good game with a unique approach that works.
But I'm just not that dedicated!

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Armeggon Empires-PA TB Strat Demo