|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » GameBanshee - Atari signs NA Digital Distribution Deal

Default Atari - NA Digital Distribution Deal @ Gamebansee

September 7th, 2007, 18:38
Gamebanshee lets us know that Atari and GamersGate have signed a digital distribution agreement for some of Atari, Inc.'s North American releases, including the Witcher:
Atari plans to release some of its PC portfolio through GamersGate, giving gamers access to old back-catalogue favorites such as Masters of Orion® 3, Act of War: High Treason and Desperados® 2 in addition to new and popular games like The Witcher™. .

"Digital distribution is a huge growth area globally, and for Atari Inc., in particular," said Nizzi Renaud, vice president of web development and content, Atari, Inc."We are particularly excited by the chance to make some of our PC titles available on GamersGate and to cement our relationship with their gaming audience."
More information.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.
Last edited by magerette; September 7th, 2007 at 22:01.

magerette

Hedgewitch

September 7th, 2007, 18:38
I love GamersGate - that's where I've gotten several things recently. I wonder what version of The Witcher will be there since they do international releases …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 7th, 2007, 18:50
Ah, maybe we can get the good stuff! (music anyway)

AFA some of those other titles, I can imagine the deal is going to serve Atari well if they can offload some copies of Master of Orion3.

magerette

Hedgewitch

September 7th, 2007, 19:02
giving gamers access to old back-catalogue favorites such as Masters of Orion® 3, Act of War: High Treason and Desperados® 2
Favorites of whom?

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

September 7th, 2007, 19:44
Master Of Orion 3 is nobody's favourite. And if it is somebody's favourite, I feel bad for the person.
Although I do think that there's a parallel universe to this one, in which a version of MOO3 was released that's actually fun. We got the version where the game takes care of all the fun stuff and the player gets to slog through the tedium, while in the parallel universe, people are playing MOO3 and getting to do the fun stuff while the computer (and by extension, their parallels - us) do the boring bits for them.

You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken

September 7th, 2007, 20:23
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I love GamersGate - that's where I've gotten several things recently. I wonder what version of The Witcher will be there since they do international releases …
Out of curiosity, what did you buy from them?

Grog

Watcher

September 7th, 2007, 20:46
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Out of curiosity, what did you buy from them?
Let's see … I'd have to check to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that both Day Watch and You Are Empty we theirs. Neither has a US release yet.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 7th, 2007, 22:31
Originally Posted by Gallifrey View Post
Master Of Orion 3 is nobody's favourite. And if it is somebody's favourite, I feel bad for the person.
Although I do think that there's a parallel universe to this one, in which a version of MOO3 was released that's actually fun. We got the version where the game takes care of all the fun stuff and the player gets to slog through the tedium, while in the parallel universe, people are playing MOO3 and getting to do the fun stuff while the computer (and by extension, their parallels - us) do the boring bits for them.
Anyone who could feel that MOO3 was their favorite game has to already be in that alternate universe, or to have made up his own.

magerette

Hedgewitch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » GameBanshee - Atari signs NA Digital Distribution Deal