|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Omega Syndrome - Switched Off

Default Omega Syndrome - Switched Off

September 11th, 2007, 18:50
This is indeed very sad.

However.. Jeff Vogel's spiderweb seems to be doing okay..
He started it in 1994 and seems to be doing fine - new games being worked on ATM.
And I'm one of those people who likes the spiderweb games. I loved the first geneforge for example.

Perhaps there IS a way to make developing indie RPG:s work?

Zakhary

Noble Savage

September 11th, 2007, 19:25
That's too bad about the Omega Syndrome game and it's developer. But I never bought it so I suppose I'm part of the problem
I tried the demo and it didn't do anything for me. I think had he shown more of what the game was in the demo, perhaps the response would've been better. But it just felt like the first cavern area in Fallout, but shooting worms in a complex rather than rats in tunnels.

He certainly has a great developer work ethic and some good ideas, so I hope he persists with the industry.

I think the best way to make indie games successful is to promote the heck out of your studio and product, and release solid demos and be constant in your promotion. Don't let people forget you exist, and give them good reason to remember.

You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Omega Syndrome - Switched Off